Alive | Titans!Jason | 18+

Gotham's city lights are the only thing illuminating parts of your room where your curtains don't quite close all of the way

Gotham's city lights are the only thing illuminating parts of your room where your curtains don't quite close all of the way. The sounds of distant sirens and passing cars echo into your room as you're finally getting some much-needed sleep. Bruce called you three days ago with the news about Jason. Nothing really seems worth the energy anymore, including sleep but tonight it's as if your body finally caved under the pressure of grief. But, you're not asleep long before something wakes you up.

You stir awake to the sound of creaking near the window. Your eyes shoot open as you keep on your side, facing the opposite direction. Your heart starts to thunder and you swear you locked that window. It's Crime Alley in Gotham City, you always lock your door and window. Jason even got you good locks for your window and your door. Someone can't possibly be breaking in but that's the only explanation.

You reach to the side of the bed, slowly, careful not to make quick and harsh movements so whoever is in your home doesn't realize you're awake. The metal of the baseball is cold against the palm of your hand as your fingers curl around the handle. It's not a knife or a gun, but a metal baseball can kill and incapacitate all the same. All you need is one really good swing and you're good to go. So, you suck on a deep breath, gripping the handle as hard as you can before you sit up quickly, turning around on your knees to face the intruder.

"Get out of my apartment!" You yell, baseball bat swung over your shoulder with your arms ready to swing the second he comes close enough.

He takes a step forward into the light coming from your window and your heart drops.

Red Hood.

Why the fuck is Red Hood, Gotham's newest crime lord, standing in your apartment?

"Don't freak out." He says, the voice modulator disguising his voice.

You almost laugh at the request. He's killing people out there and is ruthless but he doesn't want you to freak out when he's standing in your bedroom? That makes perfect sense. And why does it have to be your apartment? There are so many other ones he could have picked but it just had to be yours.

Jason is careful as he takes the helmet off, revealing himself to you. Your eyes grow wide as your jaw starts to fall open. Jason can see your grip on the bat start to loosen as his chest starts to swell. He always questioned your choice of a baseball bat, thinking you'd never wake up with enough time to grab it and defend yourself. He's happy he was clearly very wrong.

"You...you died...?" You question, almost certain you're dreaming.

Bruce Wayne himself called you and told you Jason had been killed. You knew he was Robin and it was all over Gotham City News. Robin had been killed by the Joker. But, Jason Todd is currently standing in front of you, his chest moving with every breath which means he's alive.

He's desperately trying not to think about dying. That's not why he came here anyway. It wasn't to discuss the gorey details of a deranged clown with a bloody crowbar. It was just to see you and let you know he was alive. That is it. No more reminders of dying, not tonight. Not when he isn't high enough to numb the panic or pain of the thoughts. All he wants to do is see you and exist in a moment with just you and him.