7. betrayal

It had been one month since they locked Felix and taken Sofia to their place. They had already killed the foreign minister as their third prey.
"Mr. Ferdinand, you are a politician. You have money and power both. Why do you need her?", Mr. Lawrence said.
"Her brain, strength and power is incompatible to me. I'm glad that we have her. Police and other securities can never surpass her strategies.",  a fat man said enjoying his wine.
Mr Ferdinand was a politician. He got to know about Sofia even she was a secret patient of Mr. Lawrence. So he threatened Mr. Lawrence to work with him. Sofia was the leader of black spider mafia gang which ranked highest among mafia clans. Black spider consist of hundreds of gang members and dozens of smaller clans under it. Sofia had no fear to kill. So Mr. Ferdinand used tamed Sofia aka Phoenix to kill his political enemies. First he killed prime minister  secondly financial minister and at last, foreign minister.  This made a huge crisis in political platform. It was his initial stepping stone.
Mr. Ferdinand and Mr. Lawrence was celebrating their victory. Phoenix was also standing next to Mr. Lawrence with and emotionless face. While they both were enjoying, a smoke started to fill the room. Before anyone could react,  all lost their consciousness.
Mr. Lawrence slowly opened his eyes. He was tied into a chair. His hands and legs were tied. The light was dim and barely see the background He saw Sofia was chained onto a pole and she was unconscious.  Suddenly he sensed someone was coming. The figure slowly started to get clear.
"What? You? Mr. Ferdinand? Why?", Mr Lawrence said while trembling.
"As I said Sofia's brain, strength and power was brilliant. Although she work for me but she is yours. But i want her to myself. Owning her is like a huge honour for me. So I will kill you and get her control.", Mr. Ferdinand said while laughing maniacally.
"You are a serpent. But you are a fool too. She is dangerous sleeping lion. If you awake her, you will only see her wrath.", Mr. Lawrence said. But this was true, because if she once get her control under her, anyone could never touch her. Thinking to manipulate her will be impossible even in the dream.
Mr. Ferdinand showed the remote control which was Mr. Lawrence's invention. Mr. Lawrence became shocked. It was a secret invention which he revealed only to Felix one month ago. "You are a genius my friend. Oh sorry! My ex friend. ", he said while sneak peeking. "I disdain your this behaviour. Even when we were partners, you always have hidden tricks.", he said with a grim.
"Of course that's why we were friends right? We both are villains in this world. We both had ulterior motives. So we are even now.", Mr. Lawrence. "Oh that's negotiable. But it will never be a reason to be alive in this world. Losing a great scientist and highly professional psychologist will be a huge loss to this world. Say your last words my partner.",  Mr. Ferdinand said sarcastically and point the gun towards head of Mr. Lawrence. Mr. Lawrence looked at Phoenix for the last time. He knew there was no escape for him. "Don't think so high of me. Because this project-phoenix is still under examination level. After my death, your death will be inevitable.", Mr. Lawrence said and closed his eyes.
"I know how to control a dog until the leash is on my hands and don't worry, I will never drop it.", Mr. Ferdinand said while chuckling and shot Mr. Lawrence until he die on that spot.