Realization

Trust me honey it's about to get juicy from here.

Mel's POV.....

Darius should be home by now he was supposed to be off at 9 pm it is 11 now. I have called him 6 times already and no response. What could he possibly be doing this late.

2 hours later...

     Darius comes in with groceries and this huge teddy bear that I wanted for the nursery. He sets down the bear on the couch and then the groceries on the kitchen counter. Darius leans down and kisses my forehead softly and trails kisses to my cheek, down my neck, going all the way back to my lips. As he does this I get a whiff of perfume on his shirt it smells expensive yet fruity something I've never smelled before. I dismissed it because it is probably nothing and I'm just overthinking. He tells me about his first day it sounds like a dream honestly. We make popcorn and grab candy from the pantry and drinks from the refrigerator to start watching The Visit. I cuddled up against him during the movie he leaned down and kissed my forehead then looked forward to watch the movie. I looked at his neck and there was a hickey and a lipstick stain it looks red. Immediately thoughts run through my head, how long has he been cheating on me? We finish the movie and to the bathroom and start our nightly routine after I finish my skincare last. While in bed he rubs my baby bump and kisses it and then my cheek. I can't keep quiet so I ask Darius straight forward "Are you cheating on me?". He looks at me shocked almost like he knew it was coming. He didn't say anything for about two minutes so I asked "How long have you been cheating on me?". Darius finally responds to both questions he says "No, I am not cheating on you I don't know what you think you know ,but you don't your just a dumb insecure bitch don't put that shit on me." I am fighting tears in my eyes I go to speak but he shuts me up before I can say anything else he grabs my arms and shakes me while repeating "am I clear?" Until I say "yes". He lets me go aggressively causing me to almost fall out of the bed he grabs a pillow and walks out to the living room and slams the bedroom door. I immediately break down into tears where he can't hear me frantically searching for my phone so I can text a friend but I feel a sharp pain on my arms where he grabbed me I began to cry harder holding back screams. Thinking to myself what went wrong who is this person because that isn't the Darius I love.

I eventually fell asleep around 3am. When I woke up the next morning there was a bruise on my arms I put on my robe and went out to the living room and Darius was gone I looked at the island in the kitchen and there was a plate of food there and a cup of fruit with orange juice. I went to throw it in the trash and then I saw a note from Darius with my name on it I unfolded it and it read_
Mel I am so sorry about last night I shouldn't have gotten so aggressive with you in the first place. Something just snapped I hope that you can forgive me. I never meant to hurt you I booked you an appointment for today with the hospital for an ultrasound to check on the triplets I also called your assistant Darci and pushed back your meetings until 12 so you have some time to relax. Please Mel I am so sorry I never wanted this to happen I hope you can forgive me I love you and I want this to work baby I love you if you can't do it for us then do it for our kids I will see you after work have a good day. - Love, Darius