Chapter 1

I am not the type of girl to take shit from anyone. I do what I want, I say what I want, and I give and take what I want. So when Sheila Craven called me a stupid whore, I wasn't about to sit around and do nothing. I took the comment impassively, simply walking away from her as if I hadn't heard her speak. She looked perplexed, her brows knitting together as she tried to figure me out. Good luck with that, Sheila. No has ever figured me out. And no one over will.

Instead of flipping out at Sheila, I took my revenge in the way I always do. Sheila was a nice girl, but she was mad because she wasn't the most popular girl in school. I didn't particularly care about my standings, but being in the position I'm in has some benefits. People are willing to help me out with pretty much anything.

That's why, before Sheila Craven knew it, she was the school slut because she had been cheating on her boyfriend, Ryan, for six months with a guy six years older than her. No matter how much she tried to deny it, no one would believe her because there were pictures of her with this mystery guy all over Twitter. Ryan broke up with her as soon as he heard about her betrayal, and over the course of the next hour, her "standing" went from cute cheerleader to disgusting slut. She was now at the bottom of the food chain. Let her see how that feels.

See, I haven't always been the girl I am today. I used to be an innocent child who had no idea how fucked up the world was. I believed that everything would turn out right for her and I would always be happy. Then, I met high school. Freshman year, I encountered the real world. Druggies, jocks, nerds, populars and not populars. The social food chain was a cruel thing and I was right at the bottom of it because I was the new girl and I knew no one. I was just ignored, not bullied, ignored by everyone, until some junior grabbed my ass during Pre-Calculus one day. From then on, I was an object, not a person, and all the upperclass guys seemed to see a sign above my head that said "free fucks" and flashed in gaudy neon letters.

I met my dear friend, Xav, that year. I happened upon him when I was digging through our attic. He's been with me for four years now, and is my closest friend, even closer than Nash and Cameron. He's seen me at my worst. He's seen me when I've been passed out in the shower, bleeding everywhere. He's seen me when I've been crying, salty tears mixing with crimson blood. Groped daily by guys at school, he saw me when I couldn't look in the mirror without feeling disgusted.

I first downloaded YouTube and Vine when I was a freshman, but I didn't begin creating and uploading until freshman year. Somehow, Nash stumbled upon my Vine account when I first started posting, and he was actually one of my original 100 followers. Now, with my follower count on YouTube topping 10 million and my followers on Vine topping 11 million, 100 followers seems like such a small number, but at the time, I was so excited. Cameron saw me shortly after Nash first did, and they must have liked what they saw because we exchanged phone numbers after some Instagram messaging, and even though we live in different states, we've become inseparable.