Chapter six

warning; soft smut near the end that was probably written horribly

There is a memory and a short thought written in italics, don't get it confused with narration.

(Jake pov for a sec)

It was final meal and I watched silently as Tsu'tey and Y/n messed around with each other. Tsu'tey had his usual scowl but you could see the happiness in his eyes. Y/n was smiling as per usual. I leaned closer to Neytiri.

"Look at them," I said quietly and her eyes found the two. "Aren't they kinda annoyingly adorable?"

Neytiri looked at me with a confused look in her eyes, "No. They hate each other."

I looked back over to the two with a smile, "No. They don't. Not really."

(Tsu'tey pov now)

"What is on your mind, Tsu'tey?" Eytukan asked me.

I sighed, "Nothing,"

"Is it the dreamwalker?"

I looked at him in shock that he could read me so well. I opened my mouth to speak, but decided against it and just lowered my head with a nod.

"You are not the only one. She loves you as well, my boy,"

I shook my head with a bitter laugh, "No, she doesn't love me. She is not that stupid."

(Y/n pov!)

"Tsu'tey! Stop running from me god damnit!" I said angrily as the boy walked away from me again. I began following him but the walking quickly turned into running, and the running into sprinting. You would think I was going to kill him at how quickly he was running from me.

I was so confused as to why he's been avoiding me lately. Something seemed off. He ran up the spiral center of the tree with ease and I roughly followed after him. He ran up to the ikran branch and quickly made his call. His ikran flapped down and he mounted immediately, flying off. I took a second to debate whether or not to follow him.

I called Ekutan'meuia and he came down on the side of the branch. I jumped from the branch onto his back and made the connection. Then the real chase began. Here's the thing, Ekutan'meuia is faster and stronger than Tsu'tey's ikran, but Tsu'tey's ikran is more stealthy and can weave through trees quicker and more efficiently, without knocking his rider off. Tsu'tey, of course knowing that, used that to his advantage as he dove down into the tree line.

I sighed and pushed my ikran down, getting my body as flat against his as I could so I wouldn't get flung off. Even through the trees we began getting closer and closer to Tsu'tey. At some point we were right on his tail. I had a stupid idea that I one hundred percent shouldn't do, but I'm gonna do it anyway.

Ekutan'meuia, being able to hear my thoughts roared disapprovingly, not liking my idea. I patted his back with a smile and silently told him to stay steady, even when shahaylu is broken. I took a deep breath as I slowly stood on his back, carefully removing the bond.

I waited a second for a clearing with soft moss covering the ground came below then I jumped. I wrapped my arms around Tsu'teys waist, the momentum from my jump pushing him off his ikran. I held onto the boy tight, bracing myself for the impact. This is gonna hurt. We hit the ground and I groaned in pain, but still held onto Tsu'tey tightly. The moss broke our fall enough so neither of us got seriously hurt.