Backstory

Dozo Yakuin was born in the village hidden in the leaf at the Yakuin clan. During Dozo's birth...Dozo's mother, Niri, almost died from giving birth to Dozo. It came to the solution where only one could live and Dozo's father, Daisuke, had to choose which to save. Daisuke threatened the nurse, telling the doctor to save both no matter whatever the price was. Luckily, both Dozo and Niri were alive. When Dozo was born she cried a lot until her father held her, she then magically stopped crying and from that moment...Daisuke cherished Dozo.

Though, Daisuke barely had time for his precious daughter, he spoiled her as much as he could. Niri didn't agree with this and envied Dozo.

Dozo was quite intelligent, she could manage to go to 2 academies at once and achieve excellent grades.

Okay here's where the real problem is. Dozo's father never had time for Dozo since he was busy with mission due to him being a shinobi. Dozo was left alone with her mother who never liked Dozo and just ignored Dozo. The times where both her parents were present, they would always argue, everyday, she could never sleep due to her parents arguing 24/7, her father would even start to break stuff out of anger, she had saw it all, she wanted them to stop, she had told them to stop but none of them would listen.

She was abused and starved by her mother since 2, when Daisuke was away for missions.

A few times, Niri even attempted to assassinate Dozo but failed due to Daisuke.

Daisuke even attempted to kill Niri in front of Dozo...he was about to stab her with a kunai but luckily he listened to Dozo's begging to not kill Niri.

Niri would often cheat on Daisuke when he was away for mission. Dozo had senses it all...she was confused but didn't say a single thing. Even if her mother was alcoholic. One day Dozo had enough and ran to her father and took him home, explaining everything that Niri had done behind his back...and when they came back to the house...it was exactly as Dozo said. Dozo witnessed her mother in the shower with another man and I'm not saying the rest.

Dozo would often be scared when Daisuke was about to leave the home, Dozo always thought that Daisuke would desert Dozo and Niri. She always begged him to take Dozo wherever he goes in fear. After 2 months, Niri had deserted Dozo and Daisuke.

Daisuke didn't want to leave Dozo home alone ( not the movie ) so they lived with their relatives...but her cousins would often bully her and her uncle would abuse her behind Daisuke'a back.

Daisuke figured it out and they continuously moved but Dozo always had problems with her cousins and Daisuke always had trouble with his. So for that, they moved all alone so Dozo would be home all alone when Daisuke was away.

Not to mention, Daisuke would fill Dozo with terrible memories of Niri to Dozo, making Dozo hate Niri and wanting to kill Niri. Dozo thought it out and calmed her anger, but her father's anger never cooled.

Asides from home, Dozo was a loner at the academy and had no friends. Though she tried many times to communicate, she failed miserably. No one wanted to be her friend. Dozo also got bullied for her looks a lot and even got bullied by the boy she had a crush on, though it wasn't so big. Dozo was very insecure at a young age and lacked the confidence and ability to socialize.

( yes the girl up there is Dozo. The reason why her hair is so short is because her father cut it due to not being able to care for it. He raised her as a boy which made her quite insecure )