Chapter 1: Discovery

Cass was busy taking apart a broken engine of a Fire Nation ship. It was cold, dark, and wet like all day. 

Her long cloak was mostly dark blue. She wore a small brown vest-like jacket with a white layer below it, she wore a full glove on her left hand and a finger less one on the other.

 A few scars ran across her face.  A small one ran across her nose horizontally, another was tiny and ran from her right eyebrow diagonally, another tiny scar ran vertically from the right side of her lip, a final scar ran from the far right side of her cheek. 

She had a staff strapped to her back. It had a metal ball on each end.  Suddenly, a firebender worker tapped on her shoulder. Cass soon got up.

"Listen, I don't want to pull you from your work, Cass," said the firebender, "but the boss wants a word."

It was Marco, Cass's worker partner. She looked over Marco's shoulder. She looked back at Marco. She patted his shoulder and the two walked towards their boss.

"Could be good for us." said Marco.

Cass's boss explained that a strange sighting on the outskirts of the area where a forest was. The men say that a beast was there. He needed two workers to climb up the cliffs and secure the area.

"You know that's not an easy problem." said Cass, looking concerned.

"The guild will pay you double for this shift." the boss replied.

"Come on, Cass." said Marco as Cass looked at him as if she wished to say something, "Little extra money, that couldn't hurt. Huh?"

Cass looked at Marco and the boss.

"Okay." she said with a half smile.

"Alright, let's go." said Marco, already on his way.

"Get to work." said the boss.

"This way."

"Right behind you!" Cass called as she followed her partner.

Cass could hear the conversations around her as she and her partner ran. They would talk about the amount of action the ships faced.

The war was getting fierce these days. She saw Marco jump and make it to the edge of a platform, but it fell due to Marco's weight as he landed. Thankfully, he only nearly tripped, but made it.

"Sorry, Cass!" said the firebender as he looked over his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it." Cass replied as she jumped and grabbed the edge and got up.

She would chuckle a bit as she heard workers complain about not being paid enough to salvage live munitions. And it is obvious that you need money to stay alive here, but can't use it if you're dead first.

The crazy Riggers just can't ever seem to understand that. She saw one worker talking to another, worrying if their tools won't make it through the shift, unfortunately though, she always says that.

"Up here!" Marco called out as he got onto a platform.

The two climbed up and looked at the view of the Shipfixing Yard. It was in the afternoon. The clouds covered most of the sky.  Thousands of ships were all around the world. Soon, Cass and Marco saw a familiar ship enter through the mist where the two could see the ocean.

"Will you look at that? A royal Fire Nation navy ship." said Marco, amazed by the site, "Haven't seen one of those babies in ages."

"Yeah..." said Cass as she placed a foot on the railing on the edge, "...ages."

"Breaking her will be big money. Alright, let's go."

Cass took one last look as a few ships approached the royal Fire Nation navy ship. Cass then moved to her left. She squeezed. She looked up as she heard someone shout, "Look out!" and "Heads up!". Cass saw barrels knock down a ladder.