31

It was my first day of training with Nabil the spell he was going to teach me was a spell that would allow me not to move through space but increase my speed allowing me to zoom from one area to the next. To be able to use this spell I had to first train my body to handle the physical and mental strain that it would put on my body as the human body isn't built to withstand it, unlike the Elves.

"So first you need to make sure your mind can handle the increase in information that you are going to experience," Nabil said.

"And how do I do that," I asked.

"First you must be able to isolate your senses and take in every aspect of each," Nabil said.

"I can isolate my senses just as well but take every aspect of each what do you mean by that?" I asked.

"How do put this let's say when you step onto the sand in bare feet if you were to take in every aspect of touch when your feet hit the sand you would be able to not only feel the temperature but also perfectly calculate exactly how many grains of sand are in contact with your foot," Nabil said.

"I get it by being able to take in that much information it will allow me to use the spell more effectively by being able to see everything around me more clearly," I said.

"Precisely now the best way to do this is to close your eyes and focus on one of your senses one at a time," Nabil said.

I closed my eyes and focused on the sounds around me I could hear the wind as it went through the trees the sound of others talking far away but not what they were saying. I could hear the sound of Zarraks breathing as she slept by my side as I sharpened my focus on the sounds around me at first the voice of others became much clearer and I could also pinpoint the location that they were coming from. I focused even more and I began to hear the movement of each leaf as the wind moved through the branches even more focus and I could hear the bugs as they moved in the grass around me.

"Your left foot is crushing a spider's leg," I said and he moved his foot.

"Very impressive," He said as I opened my eyes.

"So how do I move at speed," I said.

"First you must maintain that level of focus on your senses and all of them at once," Nabil said.

"I see," I said.

"Your majesty Sir Clavin returns," Yelled a guar from atop the wall.

I stood up and headed to the main gate I got up to the wall and saw Calvin being followed by what seemed like three armies wroth of Neko's behind him to my surprise Noelle was by his side. I looked at her and gave her a smile but she scowled back at me I was surprised when she came through the gate I went up to her and I then knew why she was in a foul mood.

"Tell me what the hell she is doing here," Noelle said scowling at Andra.

"Andra is on our side she is here to help us fight the ancient one," I said.

"She killed hundreds of my people and attacked my home she can't be trusted," Noelle said.

"Calvin you did tell her right," I said.

"Believe me I tried to explain everything on the way here but she refuses to listen," Clavin said and Noelle shot him a glare.

"I wish to apologise to you my actions were not my own I see that I have not only given you a reason to hate me but also a reason to wish my end so if it pleases you once this is all over and Alzar is gone from this world for good I will put my life in your hands it will be yours to end if you wish it so," Andar said as she came up to us and bowed on one knee to Noelle.

"I'm guessing Alzar is the birth name of the ancient one," Noelle said her face softening as she turned to me.

"Yes," I said.

"So we should strike as soon as possible," Noelle said.

"What makes you think we a ready to face him not to mention we have no idea where he could be," I said.

"Not true," Said a voice I recognised.

"Calavan right," I said.

"Nice to see you again lady Isa," He said.

"So what's this about you knowing where Alzar will be," I said.

"Lieutenant bring forth the prisoner," Calavan said.

"Here sir," a Neko said as he dragged a man in chains to us and kicked him in the back of the knee.

"Kneel before your betters," Calavan said.

"Fuck you," The guy said and then Calavan smacked him across the face.

"Speak when spoken to," Calavan said.

"So who is he," I asked.

"His name is irrelevant but I recognise him he is related to Alzar he may not be so close that he the right-hand man of Alzar but he is close enough to him to be the hand he wipes his ass with he'll know where Alzar is, and I have ways of making scum like this talk," Andra said as a ball of fire appears in her hand.

"Don't go easy on him make sure he tells you everything he knows?" I said.

"Understood," Andra said.

"So where did you find that degenerate," I said taking Noelle off to the side to talk.

"Can you trust her to get him to talk?" Noelle said and then we looked over to see Andra shoving a ball of fire into his face to make him scream.

"I think she will be fine," I said and Noelle sighed.

"So where did you find him," I asked.

"Well we were on our way here and we were set on by a group of bandits or at least I thought they were bandits turns out they were a scouting party from Alzar he knows you're on the move," Noelle said.

"Your soldiers ready for a fight," I said.

"I explained everything to them they will follow you to hell," Noelle said and we smiled at each other.

"Good because I feel like that's where we might very well be heading," I said.

"So do we have a plan for hell," Noelle said.

"Let's wait till we know where hell is before we make a plan," I said.

Andra's interrogation was very fruitful not only did we learn where Alzar was hiding but also the relative size of his forces and our forces outnumbered his 5-2. We were ready to make our move after we had all the info I gathered all the generals and those I could trust to tell them the plan we had to go in expecting that Alzar would have a few tricks so we went in prepared for anything.

This was it.