i. i don't wanna party

I. I DON'T WANNA PARTY

"sarah," briar groaned as her cousin threw clothes from the closet

"sarah," briar groaned as her cousin threw clothes from the closet. "i'm not in the mood for this. can we just stay in and watch the bachelorette reruns?"

"nope!" the other girl said cheerfully from her place rooting through briar's clothes. "we're in the mood for a party!"

"who's we?" briar yelled. "i'm in the mood for the jesse palmer and the bachelorette."

"don't you want to see john b?" sarah teased.

"oh, please, sarah. we both know if we're in the bone yard i'm stuck with you, topper, and fucking kelce. everybody would lost it if i was out with john b."

"blah, blah, blah," sarah huffed. "i found the perfect dress." briar looked up from her phone to find her cousin holding a green dress. it was tight up top, showing off briar's recently acquired chest. it flared out right below the chest, covering up the little baby bump perfectly.

"that is the perfect dress," briar tried to stay annoyed. "gosh, you're too good at this, sarah."

"what can i say?" the cameron girl laughed. "get dressed, baby momma."

"don't ever call me that again."

"okay, okay, chill out, little miss hormones. topper's picking us up in an hour."

"my favorite person," briar clenched her jaw as she kicked her converse off to get dressed.

briar didn't hate topper, she just didn't understand what sarah saw in him. sarah didn't either sometimes. he was entitled, and thought of himself as far better than everyone else. in briar's opinion you had to be pretty hot to act like that and topper definitely wasn't. add in how annoyed he got when sarah freaked out at sex and you had someone who bothered briar valentine immensely.

the dress sarah had picked was beautiful. it was a little tight on briar's chest, but it would do. sarah hijacked the zipper with a safety pin to give briar a bit more breathing room, her hair covered it anyway.

part of the reason briar never noticed she was pregnant was her lack of all symptoms. she had been sick a few times in the morning, but nothing alarming or out of the ordinary. she was barely showing, even at thirteen weeks. well, nearly fourteen. she thought.

briar felt almost guilty about not going to the doctor yet, but she also didn't. her parents didn't know yet. she'd tell them soon. before the appointment. maybe.

briar scrolled through her phone as sarah brushed blush and highlight across her face.

"i bet kiara's gonna flip when she finds out," sarah commented from where she was searching for the right shade of bronzer for briar.

"oh shit," briar laughed. "you're totally right. she's gonna eat john b alive."

"and you," sarah chuckled. "i bet she's gonna call you a whore. like 5 times."