34 | forgive

arrow

Her head droops, chin tucking in as I dry her wet hair with a towel. Her eyelids flutter and I can tell she's fighting sleep. We had just showered; now she was sitting on a stool in front of me in her pajamas. I had left some clothes here from weeks ago, so I changed into those.

I try to get her to stand up, but she moans in pain. "Sore," she croaks out, cracking her eyelids open. I wince, guilty. Maybe I was too hard on her.

She only shakes her head, as if reading my mind. "I asked for it."

I give her a soft smile before carrying her to the bed. Gently, I drop her on it and flick off the lights.

I crawl into bed with her, inhaling her lemony scent. She smells like heaven. She wraps her limbs around me like a koala.

One new thing I've learned about Raine: after sex, she's pretty goddamn clingy. Not that I mind, because I fucking love it.

She's fully on top of me, face buried in the crook of my neck, nose brushing my collarbone. Her warm breath sends shivers down my spine. Her arms are wrapped around my torso, legs wrapped around my waist, leaving me fully trapped. I sneak my arms out of her hold and rest them on her ass.

Mindlessly, I trail my fingers up her spine lightly. She sighs, then shifts, and then groans like she regrets moving. "Everything hurts," she complains. "My boobs. My ass. Down there."

Suddenly, I feel bad. "Was it not good for you?"

"Sorry, did the orgasms give it away?" she brushes a kiss against my neck. "Of course it was good. I'm just not used to it."

I flip us over and slip my hands under the fleece of her pajama pants. My knuckles press into her lower stomach, gently kneading until a pleased moan leaves her mouth. There's nothing sexual about it, but it does something to me. My heart. I keep massaging her there.

Her small sighs make me feel slightly better about myself. Raine's tongue slips inside my mouth, greedily kissing my lips. Her breasts squish against my chest and I have to pull away before we get too carried away.

She pouts but complies silently. I press her into me and just hold her, as tight and as warm as I can. I kiss her forehead hard and squeeze her. I don't want to let her go, ever. I want to keep her safe in my arms, away from her parents, her pain, and everything that poses as a threat to her. "Raine," I whisper. "You're safe with me, you know that?"

I feel Raine smile even though I can't see her face in the dark. "I know."

The next morning, I wake up with something tickling my face, and a weight slung over my hip. Blonde hair obscures my vision, and Raine's leg is wrapped around me. Her top has ridden up, exposing soft, golden skin.

I crane my neck to look at the clock. We need to get up if we want to make it to class on time.

Then, I look back at the blonde beauty snuggled into my side. Fuck it, I think. A few minutes won't hurt.

*

"I'm starting to think that you're actually a romantic," Raine muses as we walk from the parking lot to the hospital. "Opening the door for me, always paying... you even know the sidewalk rule!" I was visiting Primsrose as per usual, and insisted that Raine had tag along. She perked up, and I loved how quickly she and my younger sister had gotten close.

I smirk down at her while we cross the sidewalk. "If you tell anyone, I'll have to kill then." Then, I frown. "It's the bare minimum, baby."

She laughs. "Not many guys understand what the bare minimum is."