Chapter 14

A/n

Happy New Years everyone! I hope you guys have a wonderful day, and thank you for reading up to this point. I hope you guys like the story line and I am open to any suggestions for the story line or even just correcting me on my grammatical errors.

Eren's POV

"Skipping? Wow you must be really happy to get boba." Mikasa said as I approached her.
"Uhh, yeah... you could say that." I turned away, pretending to be looking around so she couldn't see that I was blushing.

-Time skip to after they get the boba-

"Okay, I think we can go back now. We've got everything" I told Mikasa.

Mikasa's POV

"Ok! What did you get for me though?"I asked, curious.

"Oh! I got the brown sugar boba milk tea boba for you! It was your usual, before you moved at least."He took my boba out of the bag.

"Thanks!"I said as I took it from him. Without thought, I leaned in to peck him on the cheek. We both blushed as we walked down, and didn't talk that much. Only occasionally, "Do you like it?" or "Hopefully the ice in the boba's does melt too much". 

"Hey love birds! What took you so long?"Sasha asked when we finally got back.

"Oh, the boba took a while."Eren replied, almost instantly.

"Sure..."Sasha said, clearly suspicious, "You do know that the boba at the place doesn't usually take that long though...Right?" We both blushed, prepared to tell her another lie but Sasha just dismissed it and went along to drink her boba with everyone else. Both of us sighed in relief. We didn't want them to assume that we were dating or that we even loved each other. Cause we don't. Or at least I don't think we do. I love him, I've always loved him, but that doesn't mean that he loves me back.

     After drinking my boba for a bit, I went to start ice skating a bit, Eren following behind me.

"Hi, did you like the boba?"Eren asked, trying to make conversation.

"Yeah! It was really good! Is that a new place?"I asked.

"Uhh, kinda. They started business here about a year ago."He told me.

"Oh... That's why I've never seen it before."I said.

"You're definitely getting better at ice skating though,"Eren started saying,"the last time I went ice skating with you you were falling all over the place." Eren chuckled at the thought of it, while I just glared at him. 

"Of course I'm better, I'm older and more experienced." I told him.

"Yeah, I guess so..." Eren said. We kept on skating around, talking about different things. Things like life, school, and even things that we've gotten better at. I still don't think that Eren has gotten any better at fighting or not starting fights. 

     Eventually night came, and everyone had to say goodbye.

"You want me to drive you home?" Eren asked.

"With my car?"I asked him.

"Yeah, I mean your probably tired with all the ice skating."Eren explained.

"Well sure I guess, just don't crash my car."I replied as I pulled up my scarf. We drove home, talking the whole way.

"We're here!"Eren announced.

"Thanks for driving me Eren."I said.

"You know, you don't call me Ereh like you used to."He pointed out.

"Do you want me to?"I asked.

"I dunno, I just noticed."he calmly said, while looking out the window.

"Well then goodnight, Ereh."I whispered the last part as I hopped out of the car.

Eren's POV

I blushed as I kept replaying the moment in my head, "Goodnight, Ereh". I didn't mean to point it out just for her to make me blush like this, but she did. Over the years, after she had left, my feelings never disappeared. They never even wavered. I have loved her all my life, even when Helen came into view. A part of me wanted to really love Helen. But the other part of me wanted to leave her for Mikasa. 

     I think Helen noticed how I changed when Mikasa came into view. It must have hurt her so much, to see her love leaving her for the girl he's always loved. She must've noticed the whole time I was dating her. And as much as I wish I could've loved her the way she really deserved, I just couldn't love someone other than Mikasa.

     The whole fight earlier was probably so she could get her feelings out on me. I have always been so distant from her, always longing for Mikasa. The one girl I couldn't get no matter how much I tried. I probably should've thanked her for not bringing up too much in front of Mikasa. I wouldn't want her to know how I feel about her. It could've ruined our friendship.

     I stopped in front of my house. The house that I owned with Helen. As I walked in I noticed that all of her stuff had been moved out. A torn picture of us on the kitchen counter.

That night I cried all of my feelings out. I had made so many mistakes. I never should've started dating Helen. My friends never really liked her, probably because they knew that I never really loved her. That I always loved Mikasa.

A/n

Okay, I'ma stop here. Just cause I don't know what else to write for Eren's midlife crisis. Hopefully Mikasa and Eren will start dating soon. I just need to find a way to approach it. Thanks for reading though! And have a great day!