[004] close call.

CHAPTER 4

close call.

MEANWHILE, OIZYS SAT IN HER DORM, THE SILENCE OF THE ROOM OVERWHELMING. Suddenly the door hissed open revealing a doctor. "Oizys." She said with a slight smile. "We have a few more tests to run, so if you'd please come this way." She looked at the woman cautiously before slowly standing up and following her as she walked away.

The other group of Gladers exited the vent in a dingy hallway, similar to the one they had entered the building through. "Come on, come on." Thomas said franticly. "Okay, let's go." He said before beginning to walk off. 

"You guys go ahead. There's something I gotta do." Aris said to the group.

"What are you talking about?" Thomas asked the boy.

"Trust me, it's important." He assured. "You guys wanna get outta here, right? Just go." The Gladers froze unsure before Winston spoke up.

"I'll go with him." Hearing that, the group began to run off, leaving the two to go back into the vent.

"Okay, Winston, go! Go! Come on." Thomas called out rather quietly.

"You sure we can trust this kid?" Minho asked, his body pumping with anxiety both for himself and the group as well as for Oizys, the girl he hadn't seen for a number of hours.

"You don't wanna know where we'd be without him." Thomas replied. The group turned a corner only to be met with the doctor that had treated Teresa with Oizys close behind her.

Oizys looked at the group surprised, Newt and Minho looking right back at her. She slightly tilted her head, unsure of what was happening and why they were being so frantic. "What are you kids doing out?" The doctor asked. Suddenly, the alarms around them started blaring. The boys grabbed hold of the doctor as they continued walking down the hallway, Oizys now following them.

"What's going on?" Oizys asked Minho as they ran side by side, Minho holding onto her arm every now and then. "Where's Winston?"

"Winston's with Aris, you'll have to ask Thomas what's happening 'cause we have no clue." He said breathlessly, the response only confusing Oizys further making the girl furrow her eyebrows. 

The Gladers ran through the hallway, Thomas holding onto the doctor, as they turned a corner they suddenly came across a soldier running towards them. "Freeze!" He yelled, cocking his gun. "Stay where you are!" He shot the gun at the group making them run back the way they came.