Silly Nicknames

I walk back through the firehouse with Ritter. The odd spot in the floor creaks when I stand on it but they don't faze me too much.As we walk into the common room I realise how high the tension is. Nobody is talking, let alone looking at each other. This really was a depressing place.

I was too caught up in looking at everyone sat there that I didn't realise Ritter was holding out to me, a glass of water. "Thanks" I say before taking a sip. I still look at them all there and decide to say something. They can't sit there like sad puppies forever.
"Okay here's the deal," I start, "you guys stop moping around and I won't give you all really, really stupid nicknames." None of them really acknowledge that. "Alright then, Severide,you can be angry bird number 1. Mouch, you can be sleepy. Herrmann you can be Grumpy. Who else, Sylvie you can be pinky pie. Yes from my little pony. Stella can be Pierre. Capp and Tony are angry bird numbers 2 and 3. Casey can be buster. Ritter, you're girly pop. Joe's chico and Chloe's chica. Oh and Boden can be boomer."

At this point everyone's laughing.
"Why's Ritter girly pop?" asks Sylvie.
"Have you seen him?"I reply,"besides I've called him that for like six months."
"I can confirm that." says Ritter.
"Why am I Pierre?" asks Stella.
I reply with, "I don't know. I can see you moving to France and wearing a béret and everything."

I awnser everyone's questions and we all have a laugh about it.
"See,"I say,"this is what my Dad would have wanted. Not you moping around like those guys in intelligence."
Everyone nods and starts talking. The room fills with some sense of security. They were all talking about my Dad,Otis, and how they're going to miss him but they were sharing their memories with him. Sharing the happiness.

Chloe walks over to me,"Since we all have silly nicknames, I think you need one too.How about chipmunk?"
I fill my cheeks with air to give the impression of a chipmunk.
"Nailed it." says Chloe in reply.
"Viktoria,I have something for you in my office." Says Casey. He indicates for me to follow him so I do, taking the same creaky floor to the bunker room as I did to the locker room.