Think about it

"Is this worth my life for? Surly it wasn't bad enough i'd be willing to die to prove a point- I wonder how it would feel to fall. To feel the cold wind on my skin and the sheer terror coursing through me, would I regret it?" Morbid curiosity tells you to stop running and let gravity take hold of your fragile body.

You try to stop but momentum carries you over, you shut your eyes and brace yourself for the cold nothingness, but the only thing that comes is a cold clap of flooring. Huh, you somehow made it across.

You stand up and look around at your surroundings, this balcony has a fence and a room in front of you. Cautiously entering the ominous room...

nothing happens, it's a room not monster house. A table with some old bread to your right and a wedged open door to your left. At the opposing side of the room a door is covered with some sort of.. goo? Bright pink and jamming shut the the door, you do the smart thing and avoid it. You approach the table, the bread is so old you have to pinch your nose shut. You snap a picture of the bread and goop. It occurs to your that your backpack is open.

"Shoot, did anything fall below?"

You walk out of the room to where you jumped too, checking your backpack, the only thing missing is your gun. You spot it beside a strangely circle shadow. You pick it up and stuff it in your backpack.

What a suspicious shadow, I don't see anything causing it?

Leave it alone
Quite suspicious
Touch the shadow
Why not