- PROLOGUE

⨯⨯ WARNING ⨯⨯
this story WILL contain blood, violence, and murder!

if you are uncomfortable with any of the things above, do not read!

┈┈[ ] [ ]┈┈

Y/N'S life wasn't bad: it just wasn't the best it could've been.

Her parents were... complicated. Her father had died when she was around seven, getting replaced (suspiciously quickly) by another man her mother had married only a month after her fathers death.

The man payed no mind to the girl, ignoring her existence most of the time. Of course, he spared her a few glances with eyes filled with pity, but she shrugged it off. She didn't want the pity of some random man her mother married.

Her mother wasn't the worst, she didn't hit her, she didn't drink, and she didn't starve her or anything: she just was never there.

It was painfully clear that her mother never thought of herself as the girl's mother; just someone that she knew she had to take care of until she reached eighteen years of age.

They both understood well that there was, and never would be, a mother-daughter bond between the two, and they weren't upset about it.

Of course, the h/c haired girl wasn't the happiest about it when she was a child, but she has gotten over it long ago.

And now that she has grown up, being nineteen years old, she shut herself away from her mother.

Of course, while she was technically alone now, she couldn't bring herself to care.

Being alone was... calming? She never had to worry about keeping contact with friends, she could spend her time on herself, not worrying about what other would think.

So when someone unknown broke into her house, slashing her across the neck, she was frozen with shock— or maybe it was just the blood loss?

He sighed, pity filled eyes glancing towards the girl before getting out his phone, calling someone, the numbers appearing on the screen are owns that she recognized. Her mothers number.

Those eyes— pity filled eyes that she always used to shrug off.

"It's done. I slashed her across the neck, it's a fatal wound, she has no way to survive."

Her step-father said as her mother responded, but the girl bleeding out couldn't hear. Her ears were ringing as spots of black invaded her vision.

With one glance back at the pitiful girl, the man had left.

What...?

He left...

No,

He wasn't supposed to.

He pitied her, he felt bad for her...

If he pities her so much then—

Then why couldn't he save her?

Then why couldn't he tell her?

Then why couldn't he warn her?

If he had known all this time... all this time that she was just going to be— disposed of, then why couldn't he just say something?!

Haaah... she truely was just pitiful wasnt she...?

┈┈[ ] [ ]┈┈

༶•┈┈[ ]┈♛ ♛┈[ ]┈┈•༶