Chapter 5

It had been two weeks of that same routine. Wake up, eat, practice swimming, hang out, eat again, ride ilus, eat again, practice breathing, hang out. Everyday was the same which was a good thing. All of us needed a bit of routine to get used to our new home. Tuk was beginning to really love the place and it brought joy to all our hearts to see her so happy. Kiri also was enjoying herself immensely, it was like the water was a part of her. We all had picked up on the ways of the Metkayina clan pretty quickly.

Neteyam and I had in fact not listened to the lecture Jake gave us our first night here. In fact, we had shown more affection than ever. Something had definitely changed about us that night. I knew Neteyam felt it too, although we never talked about it. I think Jake has noticed it too, he now encourages us to be closer. But I think that's more so Neytiri telling him to say that then what he actually thinks.

Lo'ak and Tsireya have gotten much closer as well. They hang out almost all the time and if they're not alone together they're with Neteyam and I. I'm glad they found each other.

I think Rotxo has a crush on Kiri. He's always trying to steal glances at her and is always asking about her. He always is in her vicinity. I think it's cute but Kiri thinks I'm reading too much into it.

Neteyam seems to think Ao'noung has a crush on me. He said he caught him talking to his friends about me and he said some things that made Neteyam want to punch him. I told him he probably was reading it wrong.

Ronal has been asking a lot about Kiri lately. She said she saw something magnificent with her. She saw Kiri being able to control the ocean creatures. She's taken Kiri under her wing, which I think Neytiri is very proud of. She should be, her daughter is impressing the Tsahik. It's an honor.

Kiri had asked me to hang out with her this morning. Today was a free day for all kids in the village. Of course I agreed to hang out with the girl, all she wanted to do was hang out in the sea. She's been staring at the sand for an hour now, occasionally poking her head up to speak with me. I didn't mind it though. It's something she enjoys doing and at least this way I can think about Neteyam without being interrupted.

Kiri was still staring at the same piece of sand as Ao'noung and his friends walked up to us, laughing. I glared at the boy, my hands travelling to my Y/F/C shawl. I pulled it together so it would cover my chest as the boys pointed to the girl beside me. "Look at this freak." Ao'noung said. Kiri turned in the water as she noticed the shadow behind her and looked at the boys confused. "Huh?" she asked innocently.

The boys laughed at her, enraging me. I stood quickly. "I asked if you were some sort of freak." Ao'noung stated, before he began staring at me. Kiri stood and tried to grab my hand but I resisted. "What the hell is your problem?" I asked the boy. The boys behind him laughed at my defending Kiri. "Y/N, ignore them." Kiri told me, trying to pull me away. I looked at her and began walking in the direction she wanted me to go in.

Before we could evade the teen boys, Ao'noung grabbed Kiri's hand. "I mean look at your hand. You're not even a real Na'vi." he says, laughing. I pulled Kiri's arm away from the boys grip and stood in front of him again. "Touch her again. I dare you." I say, snarling at him a little. His friends behind him laugh again. "Or what?" Ao'noung says, pushing my shoulder slightly. A boy from behind me grabs my tail and pulls it back, making me fall to the floor. "Look at her tail." the boy who pulled me says with a laugh.

They all begin laughing again as I see Lo'ak walk towards us. "Back off fish lips." he says. He comes towards Ao'noung and tries to size him but it doesn't quite work as he's the smaller of the two. Lo'ak pushes the older boy, making his friends jump in. "Awe, another four fingered freak." Ao'noung says as all the boys begin pushing Lo'ak around. They pull on his tail and push him around in a circle. "Leave us alone!" Kiri yells at the boys. I hoist myself up and push one of the boys away from Lo'ak.