Drunk

Ages: Lily 13, Frankie 8, Devon 36, Jake 35.

Jakes POV

Devon loves the football, like a LOT.

It's the only thing he remembers him and his dad doing together, so it holds a place in his heart.

Tonight is the finals for his team and he's so nervous. "I'll order pizza later, you just relax Baby" I peck his lips and sit him on the couch.

He works a 9-5 job and never gets a break, I want him to just relax for once, let me look after the girls.

——

I'm in the bathroom giving Frankie a bath, well sitting next to the bath talking to her. She hates takings baths alone.

Lily is with Devon watching the football when the floor shakes along with a "YESSS" screamed by Devon.

Me and Frankie laugh and poke fun at her dad.

After 10 minutes she wants to get out so I help her out, I wrap her up in a towel and take her to her room to get dressed.

I leave the room as she gets dressed into her pjs.

I make my way to the living room and see my daughter and husband on the edge of their seats, completely focused on the game.

There's a whiskey glass on the table and a mostly empty whiskey bottle next to it.

"Dev, you didn't drink all of this did you?" I chuckle and pick up then bottle.

"Hey Jake" he giggles.

"Lily... did you're dad drink all of this??" I ask her seriously.

"Yeah? It's not strong tho isn't it?" She asks.

"Lil this is whiskey! Straight alcohol" I put the bottle down and sit next to Devon.

"You're cute" Devon kisses my cheek sloppily.

"And you need water, Lily can you get you're dad his water bottle?"

"Yep" she hops up and heads to the kitchen.

"I love you" Devon giggles like a school girl.

"I love you too" I smile at him.

Lily comes out with her phone filming and says "hey Dad? Can I get a puppy?"

"Yes sure" Devon slurs out.

"NO! No puppy" I clarify.

"Ughh Daddy" she stops filming and passes me the water.

"You look so sexy right now" Devon slurs out, touching my chest.

"EW" Lily walks away to her room.

"You can't say that stuff around our daughters" I sigh and feed him water like a baby goat.

"Freedom of speech" he protests.

I sigh and sit with him until the game ends and then put the kids to bed.

I come back into the living room and see Devon  laying down on the couch.

"Ya know.... I never thought I'd have this life" Devon says, obviously still drunk.

"What do you mean?" I sit next to him, confused.

"Like... I always thought that I'd never be able to have a family" he say's honestly.

"Why?" I ask in a sweet, comforting voice.

"Because I'm gay, and I thought that even if I was lucky enough to have a husband, he wouldn't want to have kids with me"

"Awe baby" I hug him tightly.

"But anyways, I have what I've always dreamed of. Kids, and a smoking hot husband" he smirks at the last part.

"Okay okay, let's get you in bed now" I pick him up bridle style and take him to our room.

As soon as I put him in bed, he's out like a light.

——-

It's the next morning and I'm up, making the girls their school lunches and getting them on the bus.

Devon is still asleep, understandably since what happened last night.

I walk into our room and gently shake him, "mhhh" he wakes up.

"Morning sleepy head" I kiss his forhead and lay down next to him.

"Did the panthers win?" He asks scared.

"Yes they did" I chuckle and spoon him.

Based on a true story 😘✌🏼