Dinner

If you're easy offended when it comes to religion then skip this one❤️

Ages: lily:14, Frankie:8, Jake,38, Devon:37.

Jakes POV:

Me and my family are at the dinner table, eating the pasta Devon made when Lily breaks the silence.

"So I made a new friend today"

"That's great Lil! What's their name?" I ask, lily has always been social so she's always making new friends.

"Her name's Olivia, and idk she's okay for some things but her family is super religious and strict" she sighs.

"And she doesn't like the fact I have two dads... she says that I only have one "real one"" she uses quotation marks for the last bit.

"Awe im sorry hun" Devon says.

"Why do religious people not like two dads?" Frankie asks, confused.

"Well not all but some people think it's wrong" Devon tries to explain.

"Jehovahs witnesses" (I can say this cuz most my family are sooo) I say under my breath.

Devon nudges my foot under the table, not taking his eyes of frankie.

"What's a witness?" Frankie asks.

"Well Jehovahs witnesses are a part of a very strict religion" Devon says.

"Cult" I correct him.

"What's a cult?" Frankie asks.

Me and Lily laugh our asses off while Devon death stares us.

"Okay okay I'm sorry babe" I wipe my tears and hug him sideways.

"A cult is a group of people who all think the same thing, and are brainwashed" I explain to my confused daughter.

"Hmm okay" she shrugs.

——

The kids are in bed and Devon's walking into the bedroom, he flops next to me and laughs.

"What?" I join him laughing even tho I don't know what's going on.

"Just dinner today" he replies.

"Yea.. I'm sorry for putting you in that position" I hug him.

"It's okay, everything you were saying was true but I want her to grow up with a open mind, and to not discriminate over what someone tells her" Devon explains.

"I agree baby" I dig my face into his neck.

"Want to watch something and cuddle?" I ask.

"Yes please! Also I want snacks" he jumps off the bed and walks to the kitchen.

I grab our laptop and look through Netflix.

Before I know it Devon's back with a bunch of snacks we hide at the top of the cabinet.

"Wanna watch Riverdale season 18302982?" I sarcastically ask.

"Oh god their still making those?" He lays next to me.

"How bout American horror story?" I suggest.

"Oo yes please" he agrees.

We cuddle up and watch AHS while eating snacks until we fall asleep in each others arms.