chapter six

y/n pov

days went by and they felt just like monday. dreading.

i've finally started writing my first anonymous letter to heeseung. i don't want it to sound cringe but it most likely will so i'm just going to try my best to make it a good first impression. my only flaw in this plan is that no else knows i'm doing this, so i won't get to know heeseung's reaction to it.

i bang my head against my desk. it's wednesday night and i'm stressing over a confession letter rather than my school assignments.

a minute after, i hear a knock on my door.

"come in" i say and turn around in my chair.

"y/n!!" haruto runs to me in happiness. i raise my eyebrow.

"what's up?"

"i've decided i'm going to tell wonyoung that i like her tomorrow" he tells me.

"isn't that a little too soon?" i ask him worriedly.

"hmm... i mean, i just can't wait. i'd rather be rejected now than later, y'know?" he says after thinking about it.

"but you could win her heart in the process" i try to argue.

"you've got a point there... what should i do then?" he pouts and sits on my bed.

"well if you really feel like you can't wait anymore, go ahead and confess. i'm just saying you shouldn't expect much from it because you haven't worked towards making her fall for you" i try to reason.

"wow... who taught you all that?" he laughs at me.

"it's common sense" i sigh.

"okay i'll try to win her heart" he says as he made up his mind.

"okay, get out of my room" i shoo him out.

"thanks sis!" he shouts as he rushes out of my room before i get the chance to slam the door on his face.

he makes it look like it's easy to get that done. maybe being a guy is just better.

~~~

"y/n~" someone comes up beside me as i enter the school.

"hi jungwon" i greet him.

"our parents are coming back sunday, you excited to hang out?" he seems excited.

"eh not really, more excited to see uncle jeonghan to be honest" i joke.

"meanie" he leaves for his locker after we separate.

okay, i didn't think about how to get the letter to heeseung without people seeing me...

"y/n" someone gets behind my locker door.

i close my locker and i see heeseung. i want to roll my eyes but i won't.

"heeseung" i greet him the same way.

"let's go on a date saturday" he tells me.

my heart flutters but then i quickly realize we're not in a real relationship. for the tenth time now.

"sure" i give him a quick smile before i turn around to head to my first class.

"hey, don't walk away from me" he catches up to me.

"but my class is right there" i point to the classroom door not too far from us.

"and there's still time till class actually starts so i'll go in with you" he tries to reason with me.