chapter two

y/n pov

i get up for school everyday at 6:30 am. school starts at 8 and i like to have my breakfast before working my brains out. so i get up from bed and go to the kitchen where i see some of my brothers already eating at the counter.

i only have my dad and three brothers in my life. my dad is kim mingyu, CEO of Kim Enterprises. he's pretty well known and i guess you could say we have money. my dad is very busy and only comes back home once in a while. which means, my brothers and i are left to take care of each other most of the time.

unfortunately, my mother passed away 9 years ago and that was a really low point for all of us. my brothers intak, minjae, and haruto have made it easier for me to cope as i am the only girl left in the family and it gets hard sometimes.

another downside is that intak and minjae go to a different school. they just thought it was better for them so my dad let them. they're a year above us and so it isn't that bad without them. haruto stuck with me though. i guess you could say we grew the closest as we're the youngest. we're only 10 months apart and we get to be in the same year which went in our favor. but, he does have his own friend group, different classes and has joined many after school clubs so i don't get to see him much at school.

as for my mother... she was a very caring and loving person but she fell in the hands of an illness that we couldn't stop. she was the best mother we could've asked for and i'm thankful for that. my dad, my brothers and i will never forget her.

at the table, haruto and intak were eating some badly made eggs and bacon. i laughed to myself.

"you guys couldn't wait for me to make some food?" i asked them.

"we woke up too early by accident and we tried, okay?" intak said munching on his bacon.

"did minjae leave already?" i asked them as i take out the eggs and bacon from the fridge.

"yeah, he had soccer practice this morning" haruto said with his mouth full of food.

"ah okay," i responded. "do you guys want more food?" i asked them while frying my eggs and bacon.

"yes!!" they both exclaimed and i laughed. "okayyy, thankfully there's enough for all of us," i said setting down the food.

i sat down, grabbed my food and began to eat. i ate my breakfast silently as i listened to them talk.

once we were done eating and i washed the dishes, i went up to my room and got ready for school.

~~~

as soon as i step into the school, i am greeted by my two lovely best friends. but, of course, it's only for the homework. at least it's finally friday and i get to relax once i get home.

"calm down before you don't get anything at all" i warn them as they invade my personal space.

"there's not much time left before the teacher comes, hurry!!" wonyoung says.

"here, don't rip it up" i tell them as they fight for the piece of paper.

"i asked for the answers first!!" jungwon exclaims at her. "i don't care, she handed it to me!" wonyoung says back.

while they argue over the homework, i sit at my desk and start to lay my head down. but before i can do that, someone taps on my desk.

i look up and it's jake.

"hey, good morninggg" he says with the brightest smile ever.

"morning" i mumble back.

"what's up, grumpy head?" he asks sitting down in front of me.