chapter eight

y/n pov

"oh god" uncle seungkwan says rubbing his temples.

i roll my eyes at niki's loud voice.

"may i remind you that you're at someone else's house?" i step into the hallway to see them taking off their shoes and putting on slippers.

"i'm just lifting up the dead mood" niki's scoffs and runs to where his dad is at.

after seeing each of their dads, we all changed into our swimming clothes to have some fun at the pool in the patio.

"let's do laps! how much you wanna bet i can beat all of you?" niki bets on us.

"i'm good, i'll just sit and spectate" i chuckle not wanting to get in their mess.

"oh that's no fun y/n" jungwon intervenes.

i shrug my shoulders, not giving in.

"i dare jay to go up against me first" niki says pointing at jay with a playful glare.

"i'll beat you, alright" jay says as he stretches and cracks his bones before jumping in the pool.

i'm just sat on the edge of the pool, swaying my legs in the water as i watch the boys compete.

"enjoying the views?" heeseung comes to sit beside me.

"what views?" i look at him and raise my eyebrow.

he doesn't respond and i look at him.

surprisingly, most of the guys took off their shirts except for jungwon and sunoo. i know they want to prevent getting sunburnt and i don't blame them.

heeseung looks so good in his navy blue swimming shorts. i'm trying really hard not to stare.

i'm definitely not used to this.

heeseung pov

after arriving at y/n's house, we all decided to go to the pool at the back.

stepping out of bathroom having changed, y/n also steps out of her room at the same time.

i look at her form, her swimsuit not too revealing but hugs her figure well.

she looks good. doesn't take away the fact that she's hiding something...

i let out a cough looking away. she walks away first. i don't think she even looked at me.

once at the pool, i follow her to where she's sat at.

"enjoying the views?" i ask her as i see her looking at the guys swimming.

"what views?" she looks at me in confusion.

i don't respond and examine her face. from her innocent eyes to her jawline.

"hey lovebirds! when do you plan on joining us?" sunghoon shouts at us.

"no thanks!" y/n gives him a bright sarcastic smile.

"we're good" i give him a look.

he shrugs and goes to play with the other guys.

"why are you not playing with them?" she looks at me but squints her eyes due to the sun.

"i wanted to be with you, don't feel like splashing around with them anyway" i give her sly smile.

she looks away and stands up.

"does anybody want something to drink? it's hot" she asks loudly.

they all shout their answers and then she looks at me.