Chapter 1: Hedgehogs Day Afternoon Part 1

In a large secure Vault from the Bank, Sonic and Eve are trapped inside. Eve stands around thinking while Sonic is bouncing off the walls, trying to open the door.

Sonic continues to try opening the door as he says, "Could this be the end of our Intrepid Hedgehog heroes? Will their crusade against grime get locked away in the Vault of Despair? Can anyone out there hear them as they cry... was the world not ready to meet the Spiny Sentinels?!"

Eve sighs and says, "Sonic, stop running around like crazy. I'm trying to think."

Sonic stops running and stands next to Eve, "How can you relax knowing that we're trapped in the Bank Vault?"

"Well, I'm not too keen about being stuck here myself, but we need to find a way to get out," Eve says.

"Yeah. And I didn't expect us to be trapped in this vault," Sonic says.

"Well, I didn't expect that lady to zap us like that and lock us in there, and that they somehow got a hold of Robotnik's glove," Eve says.

"Remind me again how we got into this mess?" Sonic questions. "I mean, we were doing fine hours ago."

Flashback: 12 Hours Ago at Wachowski Residence

It's a snowy day together, and Maddie is leaving the house to get to the clinic. She walks out of the house and closes the door.

Maddie calls out, "Bye, Sonic! Bye, Eve! I have to get to the clinic. Promise me you both will stay out of trouble until Tom and Wade get back from their trip."

In the house, Sonic is sitting on the couch as Eve is doing a little cleaning.

Sonic calls out, "Oh sure, Maddie. Absolutely nothing to worry about. Just gonna get in a little bit of us time."

Then lies down on the couch, "Yessir... not any problem having out by ourselves. Did it for most of our life. Absolutely no crushing loneliness setting in."

"Sure Sonic," Eve says, rolling her eyes, and dusting off some of the furniture.

Moments later:

Sonic groans in frustration, "Urgh, it feels like forever."

"It's only been seven minutes since Maddie left," Eve says, vacuuming the floor.

Sonic ruffles his quills in frustration, "I can't take it anymore! I'm so bored!"

"Well, I'm not the type who wants to sit around either, but what do you wanna do? Maddie will be gone for a little while and Tom and Wade won't be back for sometime," Eve says, dusting some of the table.

Sonic stands how, "How about we have a little lightspeed socialization. It can never hurt."

"That's true. We've been doing this for years until we met Tom and Maddie," Eve says.

Then Sonic asks, "So why are you cleaning anyway?"

"I thought it couldn't hurt. We're living here so I thought it would be nice to help around the house," Eve says as she cleans the table.

"Sounds boring," Sonic says and lets out a yawn.

Then says, "If you're finished cleaning, let's go have some fun."

"Sure," Eve says.

Sonic and Eve soon head to the front door. Ozzy is actually sleeping on the floor.

He wakes up with a "Hrmm?" so see the two Hedgehogs leaving.

Sonic shushes to Ozzy, "Shhh! Don't tell anyone, Ozzy, or it's no more table scraps for you."

Eve kneels to Ozzy and rubs his head, "Don't worry boy, we'll be back soon. Behave yourself."