Chapter 6: Always Bet on Red

Knuckles the Echidna: The Hedgehog. He's the key to everything. He's the reason I'm investigating the most desolate corners of the galaxy, and he is my one chance to restore what was lost. My hunt must be quick - as fast as they say he is. They say my people used to track in packs... but alone or not, I know I can find him. But nothing can escape me once I've dug in.

In some desolate area, there is what seems to look like a volcano. Just then, at the base of the mountain, a Warp Ring appears. Walking out of the Warp Ring is an anthropomorphic echidna with predominantly red fur that covers most of his body, a black and pointy nose on his peach-furred muzzle, a white crescent-shaped patch of fur on his chest, and purple eyes. He also has seven dreadlock-like spines around the sides and back of his head, broad shoulders, and a medium-sized, tri-crooked tail. He wears two large white boxing gloves with spikes attached to them. He also wears red and yellow mountain boots. Each has the top folded down to reveal a soft green interior. The soles are light gray and each possess a gray, hextuple-bolted plate on top.

The Echidna's name is Knuckles, the last of the Echidna race. And he arrives for a very important mission. He looks at the volcano with a serious look in his eyes. He then begins his exploration by climbing on the mountain of the volcano. Suddenly, the ground begins shaking rapidly as the Echidna reaches to a ground point of the mountain. The volcano erupts causing the ground Knuckles is standing to break, and causes him to fall.

Knuckles the Echidna: Maybe no one can survive here. Not hunters... and not the scavenger scum that give my kind a bad name.

Knuckles continues to fall until he crashes to the ground. Barely conscious, Knuckles struggles to lift his body up.

Suddenly, a different Warp Ring opens to reveal two strange looking aliens.

One of them points its staff to Knuckles and speaks in the language.

The next thing Knuckles knows, the two aliens have him shackled and begin carrying him towards the Warp Ring.

Knuckles grunts and mutters, "Where do you think... you're taking me?"

Time has passed, and in a different world, there appears to be many different creatures. Either playing what seems to be games, waiting tables, and other kinds of activities.

Suddenly, there is an announcement on the speakers, "Welcome, players, to Your Casino Night - where everyone is in the lucky zone! And what a game we have for you to wager on this evening! The Main event is about to proceed in the area!"

In a different area of the Casino Night, many different people begin to walk into the area. In the arena, everyone begins to take their seats to see what appears to be a show.

The announcement continues, "Our Challenger is a rare breed indeed - one other than the Last of the Echidnas!"

Down below in the area, Knuckles has been hacked by some energized shackles and tied down to the area. Escape is pretty futile.

Knuckles says bitterly, "If I'm the challenger... then who's the champion?!"

Just then, appearing before Knuckles is some giant purple and green two headed lobster-like monster with four pincers and with a scorpion-like tail with six large legs. Apparently, this monster is the champion of this place.

The announcer calls out, "Place your bets!"

The audience cheers as they begin to place their bets on this event. Turns out, the event is a kind of fighting event, and looks like Knuckles will have to fight to get through this.

Just then, the giant monster raises one of its pincers, and lunches it down to crush Knuckles. Luckily, Knuckles is able to move out of the way, but is still shackled.

Knuckles pulls as he growls in anger, "Grrrrr... I don't have time for this."

Then, the monster lifts Knuckles up by the electric shackles and begins to coil around him with its tentacles. Soon, Knuckles begins to release some kind of electric charge from his body.

Knuckles screams in anger, "You want a piece of me?!" And screams as he breaks the shackles, "THEN OPEN WIDE!"

Breaking free of the restraints. Knuckles uses his spiked knuckles to climb on the lobster like monster. With a powerful electric charge, Knuckles swings a hard punch at the lobster monster, making it scream in agony. Soon, the lobster monster falls over and loses consciousness. Knuckles climbs down to see the monster, the champion has been defeated. The crowd cheers with excitement to see the echidna has won and amazed to see the performance he has done.

Knuckles the Echidna: It felt good to best the beast. It always does. But the win I wanted was still out of my reach. If I'm really going to capture my prey. I might just have to betray my own instincts. Because this is the one job I might not be able to do alone.

After winning the fight, Knuckles walks out with the earnings from his win. Soon, he meets up with the two alien creatures who have captured him.

Presenting the earnings, Knuckles says, "You're skilled at finding things. Come with me. I'm on the hunt for something. Something fast."

The two aliens look at each other and not long after, they agree to assist Knuckles with his search for his target.