Chapter 3: Date

***
SUMMARY:   First date

***

Thanks to Bokuto's sister, Akaashi has spent the last few days in a huge gay panic.

He has not been able to think straight since finding out Bokuto had talked about him. And said he was attractive.

Sure, Bokuto had said "very pretty" and looked at Akaashi that day, but to hear that he actually said something to someone else, well, that's another level altogether.

Combined with the information Akaashi told Sacchan – which he prayed to all the gods and the universe that she would somehow share with her father – Akaashi is practically vibrating out of his skin with the possibility that Bokuto would, possibly, maybe, potentially, know Akaashi was interested.

He had spent his two days off in a daze, alternating between anxiety over his crush not being returned and anxiety over something actually happening because it was.

Well, that and some incredibly NSFW fantasies involving one smoking hot guy, with gorgeous eyes and big hands.

Okay, fine. Akaashi admits he jerked off once or twice thinking about Bokuto.

Or, you know, five times, but who's counting.

But it doesn't matter today, which is Tuesday, because he's not going to see Bokuto again until Saturday. Four whole days for his mind to run in crazy, obsessive circles, wondering, waiting, and generally making himself a fucking gay mess.

By the time late afternoon rolls around, business has picked up and there are several customers in the store. He is ringing up a woman who is purchasing several novels when he hears the bell over the door ring. He looks up, absentmindedly, and freezes.

It's Bokuto.

On a Tuesday.

His mind cannot make sense of what he's seeing and the gears whirl without catching. Bokuto sends him a quick wave and makes his way to the fiction section before Akaashi has the presence of mind to go back to what he was doing.

The woman is looking at him strangely, but Akaashi just mumbles an apology and finishes the transaction.

When the customer has been taken care of, Akaashi is rooted to the spot behind the counter, trying desperately to decide if he should go over to where Bokuto is, or wait for Bokuto to approach him.

He licks his lips and makes a decision.

He approaches Bokuto from behind and takes one more millisecond to appreciate that fine ass in the sweatpants Bokuto is wearing. He's got a gym bag hoisted over his broad shoulders and his hair looks wet, as if he just showered. Akaashi clears his throat, and is thankful when his voice comes out sounding nearly normal.

"Hello, Bokuto-san. Is there something I can help you find?"

He's just being a good employee, he tells himself. A good employee caters to their customer's needs, right? What kind of needs would Bokuto have? Akaashi's mind swerves dangerously off course again at that thought.

Until Bokuto turns and shines that smile at him. Akaashi thinks his knees might give out.

"Oh, Akaashi-san! Good to see you! I was just looking around."

"Oh."

Silence for a moment as they stare at each other. Akaashi thinks Bokuto is going to say something, but then he clamps his mouth shut again.

"It's Tuesday!" Akaashi blurts out into the strained silence.

Bokuto's eyebrows scrunch together slightly. "Yes, it is."