part 9

The high pitch siren of the approaching ambulance ripped the silence of the night, soon a commotion surrounded Yoo residence as the ambulance truck began to enter its gigantic gate.

Jeno and Ryujin watched as several guards spilled from inside the gate and started to look around the area, causing the two of them to swiftly jump into the shadows of the wall and pressed their backs against it.

"What the hell happens?" Ryujin wondered, glancing warily at the commotion. Jeno kept his eyes focused on the guards who hectically talking to each other.

"This is my chance." Jeno abruptly said, his eyes following their every move.

"Huh?" Ryujin snapped her head to the guy beside her, sensing something bad about this.

"Everyone looks so busy, they won't notice an intruder sneaking inside the house." Jeno answered with an impish grin and a look of dismay appeared from Ryujin's face.

"Okay, you're crazy." Ryujin made a face, shaking her head promptly. She started to think that her bestfriend had really become insane, way insane.

"Whatever. Everything just drives me crazy." Jeno replied as he thought about what he had heard a few days ago between his father and the assistant. He was only a teenager and what he heard that night just too much for him.

Though it was dark but Ryujin could see a change of expression on his face, it looked like his expression was filled with pain. So much pain. She didn't want to object anymore.

"Just...be careful." Ryujin finally said in her softest voice.

"I will and thanks a lot." That was Jeno"s reply before he began to descend toward the gate silently.

He pulled up his hoodie and moved to the gate quietly, when he didn't see any guard around he quickly entered the gate, hiding himself in the dark shadows at the base of the high stone wall. Carefully, he sauntered around the darkened area of the front yard, glancing around, on alert for any danger that was around him. He then made his way to the back door of the huge house but much to his fear, two security guards were seen standing just outside the door. Jeno gulped hard and quickly took cover.

After what seemed like minutes but was probably only a few seconds, he cautiously stepped backwards and hurled himself to the bushes, moving slowly until he reached the garden in the back yard.

______________________________________________________________________

"What's going on?" Ryujin asked the maids around the house as soon as she stepped inside. Minhee hurriedly approached the teen girl and gave her a look that saying something bad had happened.

"Your uncle has been shot." Minhee replied timorously.

"Oh my God, how did that happen?" Ryujin asked with her eyes widely open, so as her mouth.

"We don't know. We heard a loud bang then Lady Jimin told us to call the ambulance because her father has been shot." The old woman answered in a panicked tone.

"Fortunately the bullet just scratched his abdomen but I think he will be staying at the hospital for a few days." Minhee added.

Just then, Ryujin's cellphone began to ring, making her to turn abruptly to her purse. Taking out her cellphone, she read the text message that Jeno had been sent to her. Her expression darkened and swiftly she turned her head back to the old woman before her.

"Where is my cousin right now?"

______________________________________________________________________