part 10

Jeno's father put the document on his desk and walked to the servant, giving him the look that somehow terrified him. He swore to himself that he would never betray his young master but he didn't know what else to do as he faced his master, the one who could turn his life upside down if he were to find out that he had been helping his young master so that his young master could meet his lover.

"Tell him to-" Mr. Lee couldn't say the thing he wanted to say to the servant as his assistant suddenly burst inside the office with a tense look across his face.

His assistant then whispered something to Mr. Lee that caused him to stare at him in stupefaction. He immediately told the servant to leave and the old servant had never felt so relieved before.

"Why does he want to see me all of a sudden?" Jeno's father wondered, looking at his assistant perplexedly.

"He said that this is important." The assistant simply replied, glueing his eyes to his feet.

"This is interesting." Mr. Lee said after a long pause.

______________________________________________________________________

Minjeong heard the door of her parents' bedroom creak on its hinges, it soon followed by the thudding footsteps of her parents stepping inside. Through the narrow crack of the closet door Minjeong saw her father opened the safe and took out what it seemed like a journal from inside it before he gave it to his wife.

"What do you want to do with this honey?" Mr. Kim Man Hee asked his wife, eyeing the journal that his wife was holding.

"I'll burn it." His wife quietly replied.

"Why?" Mr. Kim asked, eyebrow raised.

"Minjeong has found out that we are not her real parents and I don't want her to know the truth about the one who caused her mother's death. I have a feeling that she's been wanting to know what's inside this safe." She explained in an unwavering tone.

"Honey, what do you mean? We all know Mr. Yoo was the one responsible for her death." Mr. Kim asked, clearly confused.

Minjeong frowned. She was as confused as her father.

"Honey,...there is something that you haven't known about it." Mrs. Kim quickly answered.

"What is it? What is something that I haven't known about her death?" Mr. Kim demanded and his wife showed her husband the Journal.

"Everything that happened before she died was written in this journal of hers. We didn't know that all this time we have the answer to the mystery surrounding her death." Mrs. Kim said and there was a muteness that took place inside the room before eventually Mrs. Kim left the room with her husband followed her from behind.

Just several minutes later, Minjeong emerged from the closet and she stayed there, pressing her back against the closet door. She gazed at a portrait of her parents, her eyes focused at the face of her mother in a long stare of disbelief.

______________________________________________________________________

"Um well, I just found out." Ryujin replied in a low tone, avoiding the gaze of the woman in front of her.

"How?" Wonyoung looked at Ryujin queerly.

Ryujin bit her lip, fiddling with her cell phone. She really didn't know what to say to this woman whom she just met strangely inside her own bedroom on the night when her uncle mysteriously got shot. Mixed thoughts playing in her mind like crazy.

Wonyoung was going to question her again but the sound of her phone's ringtones distracted her and swiftly she snapped her head to her purse.

After she read the text message from the phone, She looked at Ryujin in a way that she didn't like.