ii. young ragnar

╚════════*

╚════════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*════════╝

Meeting Ragnar was not what she expected after reaching land. The slaves ran the moment they were shipwrecked and the remaining men drowned in the waves, something she enjoyed greatly. The blonde Dane that had helped her from the freezing water with beautiful eyes and a handsome face was a welcomed sight. She could see it in his expression that one glance was enough for him to be taken by her. Her beauty had bewitched many men in her life, But he didn't overstep, he held her hand to help her onto land. And she watched as he gently brushed the hair from her face before glancing around in confusion.

"What's your name?" He asked, concern replacing the confusion when she stumbled into his arms. He grabbed her hands to hold her before picking her up bridal style, the sudden movement making her dizzy. If he wasn't so pretty, she would have killed him for the action.

"Genevieve." She whispered he managed to place them both on his horse, and she leaned against his chest hoping to chase away the cold as they turned from the sea.

"Uhtred...I have to find Uhtred." She mumbled before falling into darkness. She didn't know how long she slept but when she woke it was to the Dane gently brushing the tangles from her hair, her head in his lap, and a cloth stained red from her blood laid next to her. She relaxed into the soothing motion, she couldn't remember the last time someone brushed her hair or even touched her kindly. Perhaps her brothers but that had been so long ago. And now, a nameless Dane was doing just that. And she couldn't help but wonder why.

"You know Uhtred?" He asked, his hand gently tilting her chin back to look up at him. She looked at his eyes and fought the urge to compliment them, but instead, she focused on the urgency in his tone. 

"No, but my dreams are his, as his are mine. We are bound by the gods. I must find him," She paused for a moment and winced. "He's in so much pain." She felt the pain that flows through her veins that she knows belongs to him. Her eyes glazed over feeling his soul tugging at her own, he needed her and she wouldn't fail the gods or him so soon.

"You can see and feel him?" The man spoke, his fingers caressing her cheek softly, she could see him relax as if he were relieved by the news.

"Sometimes he calls for me when he grows weak and I let him draw from me to gain strength. I don't know why we are bound now after all these years, but it's fate."

"He was sold to the trader. He's a slave now. I thought he was lost forever." She watched the pain fill his eyes and raised herself, she ignored how close they now were and touched his face.

"You're his brother, aren't you? Ragnar. He believes you won't come for him. That no one will." Ragnar leaned into the touch and pressed their foreheads together gently, his breath hitched at the confession. "I wondered why the gods hated me so, why I was left to suffer for ten years, and then one day a man I've never met haunted my dreams. I was angry that they abandoned me until I was of use to them again, but Uhtred, he's not like other men. He's loyal and kind, someone that will change our world. And I swear to you, Ragnar, that we will find him." Ragnar's hand rested on the hand holding his face and squeezed it twice, he didn't know who this girl was but she was the key to finding his brother and she was captivating to him.

She leaned back and hissed from the fabric sticking to the dried blood on her back, fresh and old wounds from the lashings ripped open leaving behind a sharp stinging. Ragnar quickly moved behind her, moving the tattered dress, and frowned at the tears in her skin.

"I need to bathe to avoid infection. And perhaps new attire?" She questioned. He nodded slowly and held his hand out to her, she placed hers in his and allowed him to guide her to a small stream. She would have preferred to bathe alone but the risk of other men stopped her from saying so. And she couldn't remove the dress by herself. She walked into the stream and motioned to the dress in a silent question, he quickly undressed into only his trousers and walked into the deep water with her.

He gently moved one strap from her shoulder and stopped briefly to allow her to guide him, when she didn't say anything he slipped the dress down her back leaving her completely bare, the water only coming to her belly button. She crossed her arms to give herself some sort of privacy and sighed when he moved all her hair to one side of her neck, his fingers skimming her shoulders and neck faintly. She hissed quietly when he cupped the cold water in his hands and let it trickle down her back, she relaxed overtime when the pain faded into a dull sting,

She could feel him lean into her body, his beard grazing her skin as he kissed her shoulder. His hands moved slowly to her waist and squeezed weakly to give her all the power. Despite the pain in her back, she leaned back into him, his lips leaving soft kisses on the back of her neck and around the slashes on her back.

"Beautiful. I've never had such power and strength in someone so divine," He muttered against her shoulder. "I swear no man will ever harm you again. Not while you are with me." She laughed at his words and turned around, moving one arm from her breasts to reach and touch his chest.

"I need no man. Or your protection. I will not lay with you, Ragnar. Your cock will never know how it feels to be inside me." She leaned up and kissed his neck, his hands tightening on her waist. She smiled pulling back and locked her hand into his hair before sealing their lips together. He moaned into the kiss as if he were a whore, a hand tangled in her hair tightly and he chased after her lips when she pulled away.

"I don't care. Let me taste you, I need it. I need you. I need to please you, my seer. Let me kneel before you and use my mouth as you please." He begged, she hummed before deciding she wanted to experience what it was like to be touched by a man for the first time. She slipped on the shirt he had grabbed for her from his clothes and let him guide her back to his tent, he kneeled in front of her and raked the shirt up her thigh, trailing kisses in its wake.

She lifted her leg to rest on his shoulder and gasped when his tongue reached her most sensitive place, her hand gripped his hair and he relinquished all control to her, she controlled the pace. She controlled his lust and his body. He was hers at that moment and he never wanted that to change.