v. uhtred

╚════════*

╚════════*.·:·.☽✧    ✦  ✧☾.·:·.*════════╝

After trimming Finan's beard and hair the two walked back to camp without saying a word, the silence was a comfort to them both. The man was staying close to her with a hand on the hilt of his sword, she smiled at the protective display but refused to speak on it.

"Uhtred." She breathed out, the relief of him being here safe and free was almost surreal. The lord stopped eating and turned to her, his eyes widening in surprise.

"My sweet, Valkyrie!" He announced, and he rushed over to hug her tightly. She pulled back to wipe away his tears and smiled sadly at the warrior, he deserved to find love and happiness, and yet the gods won't allow it.

"I can assure you, brother, she has misled you." Ragnar teased, a smile gracing his lips making him even more beautiful with the reflection of the flames in his eyes. Uhtred, however, ignored the Dane. He cupped her face in his rough palms, his eyes searching her face.

"We're safe, Uhtred. It's going to be okay." She whispered, he hesitated before letting her go. She guided him back to his seat and moved to Ragnar's side. The blonde held out an arm as she sat on his lap his arm wrapped around her, and a kiss was placed on her head, Uhtred frowned in confusion and looked to Finan. The Irishman shrugged before eating some bread slowly, his eyes looked back to the seer and noticed her gaze was locked in the flames.

"You have an appetite, lord," Steapa stated, Uhtred hummed in agreement. "Alfred waits for your return." Ragnar tapped her leg to bring her back to their world and fed her a piece of bread, ignoring his questioning look.

"I would rather not go to his home." She said, Uhtred nodded in agreement.

"We have business here, Steapa, in the north." Uhtred spoke and looked to his brother who sighed.

"I gave my word. We go to Wessex." Ragnar told him, Gene rubbed his neck knowing the situation would soon stress him out. The Dane relaxed at her touch and leaned more into her.

"But we are here, now." Gene too wanted to kill those that had hurt her two boys. Alfred, however, wasn't exempt from her wrath.

"I gave my word. We go directly to Wessex, Kjartan can wait, and Thyra..." He trailed off, Gene leaned in to kiss his head in comfort. "Must wait."

"And Gisela?" Hild asked the Dane. She watched Gene and Ragnar smile at one another softly.

"What of her?"

"She is safe. She waits for you at the nunnery at Epchester." Ragnar shook his head in amusement and scoffed when Uhtred looked at him, Steapa sighed and took a drink of his ale, while Uhtred smiled in victory. They soon set to ride to the nunnery in hopes of finding his woman, Ragnar pulled her into his lap, the horse making a noise of complaint.

"Hands stay on the reins, got it?" She turned and sighed when she realized he was already looking at her, no doubt ignoring what she said.

Once they reached the nunnery they heard a scream, Uhtred ran to the building seeing the lady he loved forcefully held by two men. The group, minus Steapa, follows him into the building Gisela soon becomes relieved seeing the man. Finan steps closer to Gene protectively, she glances at the man but sees he is watching Uhtred. She wants to scoff in offense at the action but is sent a look by Ragnar which means for her to be silent. To her left, Hild and Ragnar stand watching, the Dane raises an eyebrow at Finan's display.

"You will let her go." Uhtred ordered the Abbot.

"You're too late." The man taunted, Gene narrowed her eyes and moved to stand next to Uhtred. The dagger Ragnar gave her was held in her hands, she raised it to her mouth as the tip laid against her lips. She smiled as the Abbot backed up in fright, the other males with him glanced at one another.

"She is married now. She belongs to Aelfric." She looked to Gisela who denied it. The lady looked at her puzzled before seeing the blonde Dane and the other male move closer to the girl when a soldier makes to draw his weapon. Gisela wondered who the blonde girl was but noticed she did not fear men, she wished she could say the same.

"Where is Aelfric? If he is not here, then he cannot be married."

"By proxy, you fool! This man stood beside her in place of Aelfric. Uhtred, in the eyes of God, she is married." The Abbot said.

"I hate Christians," She sneered. She paused briefly and turned to Hild and Finan. "Besides, you too. Of course." Finan cracked a smile and Hild tried to hide hers but failed. The Abbot yelled out in disbelief and disgust.

"Did you hump her for Aelfric?" Uhtred asked the younger man, the Dane gently pushed Gene behind him making her huff in annoyance.

"He did not," Gisela answered.

"Then there is no marriage, it is a lie."

"She is married and it cannot be undone!" The man of God screamed.

"Can I kill him, Uhtred?" She begged as the Abbott glared at her.

"Make her a widow." Ragnar said as he pulled Gene to his chest, tossing an arm over her shoulder.

"No!"

"Gisela is married to Aelfric, not to Aidan." Another priest spoke, and Ragnar laughed at him.

"I have a wife already. A different wife!" Aidan shouted in fright.

"Uhtred, I'm bored with this. Kill them all." Ragnar moved from his place with Gene and toward Uhtred. The men let Gisela go and she ran to Uhtred, the Dane walked up to the Abbot, and the lady tried to stop Uhtred and pulled him to her.

"Do as you wish. In the sight of God, she is married." Uhtred pulled away from Gisela and marched up to the man of God.

"Say she is married again!"

"She is married." Uhtred headbutts the Abbot and they hear the man grunt in pain. Gene laughed in surprise and clapped when the Abbot looked at the blood on his hand. She loves it when Christians get beaten. The argument continues for a while longer until Hild yells and Ragnar stops her from moving forward.

"Say it one more time, priest, and I swear the devil will take you." Uhtred threatened.

"You are nothing but a heathen and the bitch is married." A second later Uhtred stabs him, and Hild and the priests gasp in shock.

"You!" He points to Aidan. "You will go to my uncle and when he asks of his wife, you will tell him she is in the bed of Uhtred of Bebbanburg." Gene laughs as the man looks like he might shit himself, Gisela grabs Uhtred as he goes to her. Finan pulls Gene to him as they leave, with a hand on her back, as Steapa walks past them and to a frozen Hild.

"It wasn't me, Steapa. Though, I wished I was the one who killed him." She whispered with a grin as Steapa narrowed his eyes at her in distrust.