Chapter 1

As Colby and I sit on my bedroom floor I can't stop thinking about the elephant in the room. 

"Kayla is everything okay?"

"Colby we need to talk." 

He looks at me concerned. I can tell he's worried. I don't want him to freak out when I tell him this big news.

"So don't freak out, but I'm pregnant." I wince knowing he's going to freak out. 

"Well that's great!"  He says pulling me into a hug.

"It's yours." I say pulling him back, and looking in his eyes. 

"We broke up a month and a half ago. Plus you're dating Lucas. How could it be mine?" 

"Well I wasn't feeling good about three weeks ago, and I went to the doctors. They told me that it was morning sickness and I'm pregnant. I worried about telling you, because I didn't really know how." I try to hold back tears.

"Kayla it's okay. We'll figure it all out." He pulls me into a hug, and rubs my back trying to sooth me.

"If you don't want to be a part of the baby's life it's okay. I'll tell Lucas it's his." I rub my eyes knowing I'm smearing my makeup. 

"I would love to be a part of his or her life, but you do need to tell Lucas." He says looking at me and raising his brow. 

"I will. I just need to calm down." I say rubbing my eyes with my sleeve. 

"Do you want me to tell him?" 

"Would you?" I ask tearing up again.

"Of course. I'll go right now." He says getting up from my bedroom floor, and walking out. 

"Thank you. You don't know how much this means to me." The tears just keep flowing. 

Colby has always been there for me. He can tell when something is wrong. He just cares so much, that's what made me fall in love with him in the first place. We'd been friends for years, and I slowly fell for him over time. 

"I'm guessing you told him." My mom says leaning in the doorway.

"I had to. I can't lie to him." I say.

"It'll all work out over time." My mom says coming over and sitting on the floor with me, and giving me a hug.