Chapter 16

Tara's POV

"Thanks for coming Tara. I know you and Belle are close and I can't get her to get out of bed or at least take a shower." Colby says.

"I'll go talk to her." I say going upstairs. 

When I walk in the room it's dark. The curtains are pulled closed and there's dirty clothes all over the floor. As I walk over to Belle I step on an old pizza box. 

"Hey Belle. Colby called me. Sounds like the hate comments are getting to you." I say.

I'm not surprised when Belle doesn't answer me.

"C'mon. Let's get you in the shower." I say grabbing her.

"No. I don't want to get up." She groans.

"Colby's going to call your mom next if I can't get you out of bed." I say.

"Fine I'll get up." She says moving slightly.

She moves out of bed and I can see the dark circles under her eyes.

"Girly let's get you in the shower and run a brush through your hair." I say.

As she gets into the shower I go downstairs and talk to Colby.

"Did it work?" He asks worriedly.

"Yeah she's in the shower now." I say sitting next to Jake.

"You saved the day Tara." He says giving me a kiss.

"We still have to deep clean her room and get her to brush her hair and teeth." I say.

"We're making progress though." Colby says.

"I'm going to start cleaning her room." I say going upstairs. 

After I finish her room and get Belle to take care of herself I take her downstairs.

"Ugh it's too bright." Belle says walking down the stairs.

"No you've just been living in a dark room." I say.

"Belle we're worried about you, and that's why you're going to go to therapy from now on." Colby says.