Chapter 10

I quickly get out of bed and run down stairs. The floors beneath my feet were freezing which encouraged me to move faster.

"Where's Colby?" I ask frantically.

"He's at the gym." Sam says. I can tell that he's worried.

"No. I need to tell him something." I say grabbing at my hair.

"What's wrong?" Sam asks. 

"Colby's my dad and I didn't know. I just found out. I didn't speak to him because I thought that he didn't want to be around but it was actually my mom." I say breaking down crying. 

"It's okay Iz. He knows. He wanted to tell you, but your mom thought it'd be better if he didn't. There's not a single day he didn't think and talk about you. He really does love you. " Sam says pulling me into a hug.

"Really?" I sniffle.

"Yes. He loves you more than you know." Sam says.

Right after Sam says that Colby walks in. He's dripping in sweat but I don't even care. I run over and pull him into a quick hug.

"I love you and I'm so sorry." I say into his chest.

"Love you too kiddo." He says hugging back and smiling.

"Okay now you should go take a shower." Sam says with a laugh. 

"Yeah that'd be good. After I get out we can watch a movie. How does that sound?" Colby asks me.

"Sounds great." I say letting him go. 

As he walks away he has the biggest cheesy smile on his face.