Chapter 7

As I wake up to my alarm I quickly get up and grab my outfit for today. The night before I picked out a white tank top and a plaid green skirt, along with white socks and black converse. I throw on a little bit of makeup and some lip gloss.

As I run down the stairs Colby stops me.

"What are you wearing?" He looks me up and down. 

"An outfit." I say crossing my arms.

"Go throw on a sweatshirt or something." He says.

"You're not my dad." I say back to him.

"Well I'm in charge of you right now." 

He has a point. I sigh and run upstairs. I go into my closet and grab a tan jacket with brown buttons. When I go back downstairs I grab my bag and start heading out the door.

"Bye Izzy! See you later!" Jake yells at me.

"Bye Jake! I'll see you when I get home!"

As I walk to school I think about the night before. Jake, Sam, Colby, and I watched a movie together. I fell asleep on Colby. He carried me to bed. I pretended to be asleep to see what he'd do. 

As he tucks me in he says, "Love you Iz." and gives me a kiss. 

"Hey what's up?" Jade asks me as I walk up to her.

"Just thinking." I say walking into school.

"About?" Jade asks.

"Colby."

"Oh?" She asks raising her eyebrows and smirking. 

"Not like that. He gave me a kiss on the head and said he loves me last night." I say opening my locker and grabbing my stuff.

"He just cares about you." Jade says.

"I don't know. It seems like more though." 

"Maybe it is something more." Jade comments.

"Colby cares a lot, but not like that. That would be weird. He's my mom's friend." 

When we walk to class we talk some more. I just can't stop thinking about why Colby would do that last night.