Chapter 5, Part 1: Change Isn't Always Good

Bendy picked at his dinner moodily as Joey chatted with his parents and tried to get Audrey to use her knife and fork properly. She was still very much new to this world and Joey was doing his very best to teach her so she would be well mannered in the future. The ink demon frowned at his food, cheap boxed macaroni and cheese with hotdogs cut up into it, he sniffed it and made a face. Joey had used hamburger helper to make it go further and had added a couple of cans of green beans to the mix.

His least favorite Vegetable.

"I'm not eating this" Bendy declared, pushing away the plate with a disgusted look that rarely graced his face, "It's salty and fake cheesy and I don't like it!" 

Henry sighed, "Would ketchup help?" he asked, picking up the glass bottle of ketchup that he was quite sure Joey had stolen from a restaurant. Bendy growled, the ink on his body trembling strangely, "NO! Joey's cooking sucks! What happened to the good food you used to cook back at the studio!?" he cried, slamming a gloved hand on the table.

Joey jumped a little at the outburst and shook his head, "I really am sorry, Bendy. I have Audrey now and money is getting tight again after the house repairs that needed to be done last year, this place wasn't brand new when I moved in, you know. But, I have to do what I can to make sure you all eat under my care, while you're here. Even if that means using the cheap stuff to stretch out that dollar."

"I thought you had heaps now Nathen Arch bought you out! And now it's all gone!?"

"Mostly, yes."

"You're just hoarding all the good stuff for yourself... again!" Bendy said unhappily, getting down from the table and returning to the guest room where he slammed the door shut behind him. Henry winced as Joey looked sad, and patted his shoulder, "He's just upset about some things, I'll go talk to him after dinner. Thank you for making us dinner."

Joey nodded sadly and added ketchup to his plate, "I know its not a fancy steak dinner like last time you guys came over, but it's all I can afford right now."

Linda nodded, "It's filling and it'll do." she said, listening to the loud angry sounds coming from the guest room, "Henry darling, can you go and make sure Bendy is ok? I don't think destroying Joey's home is going to be a good idea." 

Henry got up from his seat and wiped his mouth on a napkin, "I'll be right back" he said, making his way to the guest room quickly. Upon opening the door he paused, shocked at what he was seeing with his own two eyes. He took a step back and looked up at Bendy who turned to look down at him with a sickeningly wide, sharp toothed frown. His son had an ink stained pillow in his mouth, feathers floating everywhere and sticking to the ink that covered most of the room in his frenzied attack.

But it wasn't the torn pillow he was shocked at, it was the fact his son was over six feet tall and looking like a demon from Hell.

Unrecognizable.

"Bendy?"