FIVE.

I said girl why you keep callin'?

The sound of Lil Uzi's '20 Minutes' was heard through Dalvin's airpods as he focused on making a Tiktok, locking himself in the employees bathroom at work.

A loud banging on the door interrupted him in the process. "Whoever in the bathroom needa hurry the hell up in there! We ain't got all day! We got customers to serve!" Quill said loudly.

Dalvin took a second to look over his Tiktok, saving it to his drafts prior to walking out. The first person he saw was Carena, immediately lighting up with a smile when she saw him.

She was one of his coworkers who he found to be very friendly, but little did he know that she liked him.

"Hey Dalvin!"

"Hey Carena," he greeted. "You just now getting here?"

"Yeah. What time did you get here? When do you leave?" She spoke a little quickly, eager to know his schedule for the day.

"I got here at twelve and I leave at six-thirty," Dalvin responded.

Carena's smile slowly faded and she sucked her teeth. "That's not fair. I'm here till eight-thirty."

"You'll be aight," Dalvin snickered.

"You're aggy!" Carena playfully punched his shoulder, a little bit too hard. She didn't mean any harm, she was attempting to be flirtatious.

Dalvin awkwardly laughed, trying not to show that the punch actually affected him. "I think you should go clock in."

"Oh yeah! Sorry! I'll be back," and with that, she scurried off to the back room for employees.

"I can take who's next!" Dalvin spoke loud enough for the people in line to hear him.

A girl around his age walked up to his register, catching him off guard by how pretty she was. They stood there quietly for a moment before the girl spoke up.

"Are you ready for me or no?" She asked politely.

"Oh yeah! I'm sorry," Dalvin snapped back to reality. "Can I get a name for your order?"

"Lo."

"And what can I get for you today?"

"Can I get a medium eight count meal with a lemonade as the drink?"

Dalvin tapped on the screen that went with the register. "Medium eight count with a lemonade...eight seventy-five."

The girl known as Lo inserted her card into the system as Dalvin prepared her drink. He passed her the receipt and the lemonade, and their fingers touched within the exchange.

"Thank you!" She thanked him before walking out of line.

Giving her a smile, he watched her. "My pleasure."

"De, I gotta tell you something. You might wanna sit down for this."