NINETEEN.

Angelina rolled her eyes as she looked at her vibrating device. Nevertheless, she still wasted no time on swiping to answer.

"Thought you blocked me?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I did but then I unblocked you. What you up to?"

"Nothing, just waiting for my man to come over! He's on his way," She smiled.

"Your man? What are you talking about?"

"Well he's not my man, yet, but he damn sure will be and imma manifest it," she responded, looking into the camera to see the person on the other end looking at the screen distastefully. "Why you worried about it?"

"I'm not," was the lying response. "Crazy how you claiming another nigga as your man when I just fucked you not that long ago. Were you talking to him then?"

Angelina scrunched her face up. "Like I said, Nelson, why the hell you worried about it? We ain't together."

"But we were, at one point," Nelson reminded. "Let's not forget."

These two were a couple at one point, being on-again off-again for about three years. The relationship consisted of a mix of cheating, lying, and manipulation—on Nelson's end. Angelina could never find the strength to leave and she'd be oblivious to what was going on, but she'd turn a blind eye to it. They called it quits eventually, but would somehow always find a way back to each other.

"So what's his name? What he look like?"

"I ain't telling you his name. Just know he looks just like the man of my dreams."

Nelson sucked his teeth. "Bum ass nigga. I bet he ain't got no job."

"He does, actually," Angelina defended. "And I know you not talkin'. Didn't you get fired from Burger King? Wasn't nobody eating that shit anyway."

"Well I'll have you know that I just got hired at McDonald's and I start in a few days. And another thing—you better hope I don't see this imaginary nigga of yours anywhere or it's gon' be his ass," he threatened, making his ex-girlfriend cackle sarcastically.

"I wish you would! You can't fight anyway."

"Who?!" Nelson yelled at his phone. "Who can't fight?!"

Angelina didn't even bother to respond once she saw the notification she'd been waiting for pop up at the top of her screen.

Swing Lookalike. 💛
i'm outside

ang ❤️
😁😁 door's open!!

"Byeeee!" She ended the Facetime call, turned on 'Do Not Disturb' and tossed her phone to the side.

DeVante made it to her bedroom a few seconds later and she excitedly jumped into his arms, unexpectedly.

"I missed you!"

"I bet you did."

Angelina sucked her teeth, removing herself from the hug. "Okay. I was gonna give you a kiss but nevermind now."

She walked away but DeVante pulled her back over to him, pecking her lips anyway.

"I—" she smiled at the ground and leaned against her dresser, regaining her thoughts. "That almost made me forget what I wanted to talk to you about."