TWENTY-SEVEN.

Javoria's yellow square shaped acrylic nails ferociously tapped on her phone to send K-Ci a text message. She erased everything she was typing, pressing one of the icons to send him a voice message.

"You got me fucked up, down, across, you got me fucked up in all different ways! I've texted you a few times and I called you and ain't heard from you whatsoever! Now at first, I was starting to get worried thinking something happened to you, till I checked your location and seen that you just rippin' and runnin' around different neighborhoods! What hoes you entertaining? Cause if you think that I'm about to go through this shit with you again, you are absolutely incorrect! I'll cut you off forreal this time and you'll never be able to see me, talk to me, taste me, or touch me ever again! Play if you want to!"

With no hesitation, she sent the message and tapped the 'notify anyway' button since his phone was on DND. Before she could even leave the thread, she saw the indication that she got left on read before her audio was saved a minute later.

K-Centipede 🤍❕
Sorry baby
I like when you talk to me crazy like that tho.

Jambalaya 👅🤤
boy shut the hell up.
WHAT are you doing???

K-Centipede 🤍❕
Don't be mad at me
I'm working

Smacking her lips and rolling her eyes, Javoria tried to fight the urge from throwing her phone across the room.

Jambalaya 👅🤤
you're about to piss me off so bad. like so bad to the point I'm gonna block you.
YOU HAVE NO JOB.
do you think I'm dumb K-Ci??? do you really?

After that, ten minutes had gone by and there was no response but he surely did leave her on seen. That was her last straw, so she blocked him then instantly texted Angelina to go vent.

Luckily, her phone dinged with a notification announcing that her doordasher was approaching with her Chipotle. It instantly changed her mood so she didn't even bother to look at the name of her dasher.

She left her bedroom and went downstairs to open her front door to retrieve her food, and was unexpectedly met with K-Ci standing on her doorstep with a goofy ass look on his face as he held her greasy bag of food while standing on a scooter.

"Surprise!" He leaned forward to kiss her cheek.

Javoria stood there for a few seconds before she bursted into laughter, hunched over with tears coming down her eyes.

"What you laughin' for?"

"I know damn well you are not on my door step delivering my food as a doordasher!"

"Why is that funny?"

"Explain how you got this job," she said through her laughs.

"Well," K-Ci started. "I got sick of mothafuckas callin' me out for bein' a jobless ass nigga and I thought about applying as a dasher, so I did. I applied through the app online and when I checked my email, I saw that I got accepted as an employee! They said I ain't need to have a car, so I went to Walmart and got me a scooter."

Javoria's howls rang through his ears, even as she snatched her bag of food out his hand.

K-Ci smacked his teeth. "Aight bald headed mothafucka, it ain't that funny! Now welcome me inside so I can help you eat cause you ain't gon' finish that all by yourself."