Chapter 7

Last night Harry made tea for them and called Liam to explain the situation and apologize for Louis' absence. Then he hugged him, offered comfort without the two saying anything. They layed in silence under the covers, Louis with his head on Harry's chest at heart level. The soothing beats became a monotonous melody that reconciled his feelings and emotions. While Harry eventually fell asleep and his gentle stroking of his head stopped, Louis layed awake all night. He thought about what Harry said to him in the restaurant. They were beautiful words that felt different in the dark and on Harry's chest. That even a human could see him like this and what's even more fascinating - telling him so openly, he never would have thought possible. Louis just doesn't get it together - the version he has of himself and looking in the mirror doesn't match what Harry told him. But one thing that was particularly memorable is that Harry wishes to kiss him. As he briefly closed his eyes, he imagined how it would feel. Because it wouldn't be kissing like it used to be - with strangers during a quick fuck that was hard and wild. No, he thinks Harry kisses just as softly as his whole being. Maybe even carefully, barely noticeable. But then Louis remembered his rule not to kiss anyone he doesn't have feelings for. And he has no feelings for Harry. Though his heart beats faster just at the thought of feeling his lips on his, that's surely just imagining the unknown and exciting. But he can't deny that Harry is becoming more important to him than he ever wanted to admit, sneaking into his cold heart and bringing some warmth into shared moments. Like a little spark that burns quietly and lonely within him. If you asked him, he would say Harry is becoming a friend. Friends with benefits probably, but nothing more. Which in turn made him think about whether this is not also a feeling and whether he could work around his rule. Quietly he raised his hand and the moon shining through the window let him see the silhouette of Harry. He watched himself as his fingertip gently and slowly stroked his lips, which were slightly parted. Harry didn't notice and was fast asleep. But for Louis it felt so fundamental, a little intimacy that would remain his secret.

Louis already regrets having agreed

Louis already regrets having agreed. Social butterfly Harry is sure to invite half the neighborhood and all of his family and friends over. He'll definitely stand out like a black sheep and end up ruining Harry's day. Not to mention how much energy it will take him to stay friendly. And then he needs a present too. What do you gift someone like Harry? He doesn't even know what he likes. Louis gets so worked up that he desperately runs back and forth in his apartment and finally hangs out of the open window and smokes two stress cigarettes in a row. Until he gets the idea to call Liam. Without hesitating, he pulls his phone out of his pocket and dials his number.

"Louis, hi!" Liam greets him as soon as he picks up the phone.

"Hey. First of all, sorry about last night. I hope you don't fire me right away. That would be stupid. Because I like the job, and you a little too. And I need your help. I just can't think of anything to give him, my head is empty. I've never had to give anyone anything for the last few years and what does he like anyway? Except the sex with me. I mean, I could only stand naked at his door with a bow around me, but I don't think any of his family and friends would like that. Oh my god I'm talking shit, please stop me!" Louis exclaims and can't quite believe what got into him.