Chapter One

El POV:

I wake up to hear my annoying half-brother banging on the place above me. "Wake up, Gray!!! It's my birthday!" he says as he jumps up and down, making a load of sawdust fall onto my face.

Great now I'm choking. I think Aunt Lily heard me because she came in almost instantly. God, I love my Aunt, always being there for me. She slapped my back to make me stop choking, but she said,

"Shh, El. Now hurry, get changed before James tells you off. Now, I've already cooked the breakfast, just make it look like you're cooking." she said and then left me in the dark, barely light closet on the second floor to get dressed.

I grab my pink collard long sleeved dress, my white trainers, a pair of white socks, and a blue jacket. Then I grab my hairbrush, brushing a spider off it. I'm used to spiders, the old closet on the second floor is full of them, and that's where I sleep.

It's my 'bedroom'. That's how much I'm hated by the people that are meant to be my guardians. That bad that they make me sleep in a freaking cupboard, like what the hell did I do apart from being alive?

I check the time with some old pocket watch that's in the closet, and walk downstairs. You may be wondering, well that is if you have a brain, but why do I have a nice outfit if those goddamn idiots hate me?

Well, they go out all the time, and as the Potter's are a rich family, they make it look like that they take care of me. When I finally arrive at the kitchen, I can see Potter Junior arguing with Potter Senior about the amount of presents he has.

"Spoilt twat." I mutter to myself, as I head to the floating pan of bacon that is above the stove. I grab it and then empty the food onto their plates. Then the worst thing has to happen. I PUT MY HAND ON THE BURNING HOT FRYING PAN. I run to my cupboard.

Lily POV:

When Eleanor went upstairs, I went after her instantly. She had a look of panic on her face, and that makes me want to help her, even if no one else does. I don't get why James and Harry dislike her so much, she's a beautiful girl, that deserves a real family.

James has been talking about sending her to a place where he will never see her again, someplace called Hawkins. She will be put in Hawkins Lab and then the most horrible part will happen.

She has odd powers from her mother's side of the family and she will be told to use them in the lab. She will be an important person for them, and the lab workers will have full control over her. Well, I think. I really don't want to send her there, but James is the man of the family, so I can't make the descision.

"James, I'm going to check on El." I tell him, and go to her cupboard. I tried to convince James to give her a bedroom, but he won't give in.

El POV:

I ran to my cupboard and used my powers to cool down the burn. At first, I thought I was dreaming when I used my powers, but I wasn't. I can't use the powers that well, because I haven't been trained or whatever.

The burn is just cool, none different to before, just a lot colder. A few short minutes later, Aunt Lily came upstairs and looked pretty worried. I'm so glad to have her, even if she's not my mum, she's the closest thing I will ever have to her.

"Are you ok, El?" she asks. "Yeah, I just burnt my hand on the frying pan." I tell her. "Hold on," she says, and goes to her room. What so she came just to say hi? Great. Instead, she came back, with a wet towel and a book, which I recognised to be the first Chronicles of Narnia book.

"Here." she said, as she gave me the towel. I didn't need it, because of my small amount of power, but she didn't know of that, well, I don't think. I half washed my hands with it, as I had been in a cupboard for a while. Then we read the book together.

James POV:

I could finally see. The fog that had been covering my vision for 5 years had finally disappeared. "Hazza?" I question. "Where's your sister?" He shrugged his shoulders. I then went upstairs to look for them. I saw an odd sight.

Eleanor and Lily were sitting in a cupboard. Reading a book. They could sit on the SOFA. If they knew what that was. Lily looks at my daughter, and then leaves the cupboard, to talk, to me, more like. "P-please don't hurt me, s-sir." she stutters out at the sight of me, before Lily closes the door. I'm shocked.

"Lily-Flower, why is my daughter scared of me??" I ask. She looks appaled. "James, you've been hurting her for the last 5 years!!" she exclaims. "What?! But, I've only been seeing white fog?" I say. "Honestly James! This is why you should have listened in class!!" she says.

"What do you mean?" I say, wondering what and why on earth class had something to do with this. "White fog? Not remembering what you've been doing? James, you were under the Imperius Curse!!!"

El POV:

Once Aunt Lily leaves the room, I'm terrified. I pressed my ear against the keyhole of the door, and hear little snippets of conversation. The words that I can hear the most are class, white fog, and curse. What do they have to do with me, they CAN curse infront of me if they want to.

Anyways, they both open the door, with apologetic looks on their faces. Then, suddenly, I see Potter Junior with a wand out, as he got one when he was 10, and he mutters a spell of some sort. Then, both of them have an evil look in their eyes. I thought I was gonna get beaten, as they both grabbed my wrists.

Instead, they apparated, and then all I could see was white. It looked like we were in some sort of hospital. Why do I need to go to a hospital, my burns healed? And wait. ARE THEY WORRYING ABOUT ME??!! Wow.

I had my hopes up for a few short seconds, but then two men also wearing white came and picked me up by the arms, leaving my legs flailing. "What? Let go of me!!!" I say, but they only grip tighter.

I want Mum, why did she have to be gone? "Lily?!!" I call out of pain. "AUNT LILYY!!!" I now say, in a pained scream. What's happening to me? I look back whilst they are taking me away, and Senior and Aunt Lily have nasty smirks on their faces.

They then take me to a door with the number 11 on it, and throw me into the ground of the room. I get up as quick as possible and run for the door, but they then close it.

I bang on the door, begging to let me out, but i think they've left me. I turn around, and there are a few things in the room. A small mattress on an old metal frame, a hairbrush, and a small white crate. I can see that there is something in the crate, so I take a closer look.

There is a white hospital gown. So this IS a hospital. That's great. I guess I'm supposed to change into it, so that's what I do, putting my old clothes into the crate. I then hear a robotic voice.

It said, "Cameras in room 11 activated." I sink to the floor, collapsing in another round of sobs. I just want someone who cares. I then remember that I have my tiny sized clock in my jacket. I then check the time.

9:34 pm. That's odd. Maybe this place isn't in England, and the time zone is incredibly different? Nevertheless, I crawl onto the mattress, and cry myself to sleep.