Chapter 2

I abruptly stand up and grab onto Tubbo as if my life depended on it. I sob into his shoulder as he rubs consoling circles into my back. "You can take off your 'im okay' hat now. It's just me. Fall apart. I'm not going anywhere." He is the only reason I am actually here at this moment. Those with luck are the ones who find a loyal friend in this fake world. So I count myself as one of the luckiest people because I have him. I turn away from Tubbo and sit upright on my small bed, saying, "I'm okay, thank you." He gives me a look that tells me he doesn't believe me; he lifts one eyebrow, and his mouth makes a very straight line. " You know Tommy, when there are too many things on your mind, it's okay to cry" he says. I am aware that the only reason he is saying this is because I don't typically cry, particularly over my dreams. I just hate getting flashbacks from things I don't want to remember.

We were running late for breakfast, so I was just about to get ready, but one of the staff members stormed into our room with the deadliest glare on her face pointed directly at me. I was aware that I was in serious trouble and anyone who gets in trouble in this place will face harsh consequences. "You boys never seem to know when to quit being so difficult, do you? We are going to have a serious issue if you even believe I will allow this type of behavior to continue, am I clear?". I get sick of people who think they have more control over me than I do. If this old woman thinks she can get away with shouting at me like this while I'm sitting here doing nothing wrong, she is delusional. "Please pardon my rudeness, but what right do you believe you have to enter this room and yell at us when we are not breaking any rules? I apologies for your difficult day, but I'm also having a difficult life, so don't think you're the main character." 

Funny enough, I just now notice the large belt she is holding, and her horrified expression just serves to reinforce my suspicions that she does actually intend to use it. When I turned around, Tubbos' disappointed expression was almost commending my stupidity. I just sit and stare as I see her coming toward me with the belt in one hand and the other prepared to grab me. isn't it so sad when you get hurt so much, you can finally say I'm used to this.

                                              She grabs my ear and pulls me out of bed, hurling me to the floor, the pain in my ear strikes immediately. I'm lying there limp when she approaches and gives me a hard kick in the stomach, which causes me to cough hysterically. "pathetic," I hear her remark as she reaches down to me, pulls me up by the ear once more, and starts dragging me out the door. My back is being dragged over the floor with such force that the hard walnut wood will undoubtedly cause some burns and bruises. To avoid thinking about the pain in my ear and the discomfort in my lower back, I watch the rooms go by and try to count them all. I've often wondered why people treat others badly and if people can change, but I've come to realize that you can't expect someone to change when they don't see an issue in their actions. I always tell myself to stop questioning why they do it and to start asking why I keep letting them do it, but there are moments when it's just so much simpler to fake a smile than to do anything.