Chapter 7

All the boys began to approach us, and I could tell they had no good intentions. I know I'm hated, and sometimes people are puzzled when I'm completely unbothered. But the truth is that I don't give a damn whether people like or dislike me. I'm not here to win a popularity contest; I'm here to be the best person I can be, and I detest it when people like Dream try to stop me from achieving that. "Dick face, you know hurting others to feel powerful is a sign of weakness." Okay, I know I probably shouldn't have said that, but can you blame me? They're all behaving like a gang of bully Americans.

I could tell that little remark had an effect on him because the next thing I know he's right up in my face screaming bloody murder "awe im sorry if I hurt your feelings but last time I checked my parents weren't murdered so why don't you just shut it" The room became silent. My racing heart came to a halt. And my already sweaty palms became even sweatier. Some people have asked me how I manage. And I repeat, "I wasn't given a choice," because you never know when you're going to see someone for the last time. 

In my case, I thought it was my last time to. But I kept living selfishly while my dear parents had to pay the price. When you have someone you care about up there, the sky looks different. And, sadly, many of the kids here can relate to that, so you'd think we'd all have a little compassion for one another. That, however, is not the case. Everyone fell silent, not out of sadness or worry, but because they had truly hit me where it hurt. Yes, I cry for the life I have, but also for the one my parents did not have.