In Distress

Carlos and Cora walk over to the Tourney field with another boy after dance practice had finished. They see Jay sitting alone on the bleachers.

"Jay!"

He looks up confused then jumps to his feet worriedly, "I didn't pick you up!"

"It's alright Jay, practice has only been over for a few minutes."

"A few minutes is too late, what if something happened to you."

"Ms. Rachel spoke out of turn, no cake for her today." Cora and the purple-haired boy beside them giggle.

"We'll make sure the twins are looked after whenever you and your friends are... indisposed."

Jay glared at the unknown boy and crossed his arms threateningly. He's been protecting the whole gang for 10 years so he's not going to let some prep school boy get in the way of that. "And how are you going to do that?"

"They don't mess with the Wonderland kids here for a reason." The boy starts to fade until all that's left is his smirk, then that fades too.

"Bye Bye Kitty."

"See yah, Alex."

Jay huffs, "Who was that?"

"Alexandrite Cheshire, son of the Cheshire Cat. Ah come on Jay, this is a good thing."

"How?"

"It gives us another option if we're not allowed to stay in Auradon. The Wonderland descendants being our friends mean they might let us stay there instead."

"Why do you have to make so much sense?" Jay pulls the twins into a hug.

"Hey, guys!"

The three pull away from the hug and turn to face the one calling out to them, Ben. Carlos immediately goes pale and screams at the sight of the dog trotting along with him.

"No! Ah!"

Carlos takes off sprinting towards the forest area, Jay right behind him with Cora thrown over his shoulder.

"Carlos? Guys!"

Carlos jumps and quickly climbs the closest tree and reaches down to pull up Cora. They sit on a sturdy branch and watch as Jay stands below them ready to protect them.

Ben and Duke the dog arrive quickly after them confused and worried. "What is going on, and why are you two in a tree?"

"Be careful, That thing is a killer! He's gonna chase us down and rip out our throats. It is a vicious, rabid pack animal!" Carlos holds Cora protectively in his arms covering her face so she doesn't see what's going on.

"Who told you that?"

"Their mother," Jay says not taking his eyes off the dog.

"Cruella?"

"She's a dog expert. A dog yellerer. Why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you!"

"You've never actually met a dog, have you?" Ben asks sadly.

"Of course not."

Ben takes a step forward with the dog, but Jay blocks him. He's not letting that thing near his twins until he knows it's safe.

Ben seems to understand this, "Dude, meet Jay. Jay this is Dude. He's the campus mutt."

Jay hesitantly pets Dude and jumps a little when his hand gets licked.

"He doesn't look like a vicious, rabid pack animal. Cora look, a puppy, do you want to pet it like Jay?"

Cora peeks her head out from Carlos' chest and sees the small dog with Jay.

"Puppy!"

Jay goes to the tree and helps the two down. Cora immediately sits on the ground and starts to cuddle with Dude, but Carlos is a little more hesitant. He sits beside his sister and runs a finger down Dude's back, when nothing bad happens he gets a little bolder with his petting.

"You're a good boy, aren't you? You're a good boy."

"I guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island."

"Yeah, but it would have been worse for us if we didn't have Jay or the girls. People like us don't last long on the Isle unless we join a gang, and even then some gangs are worse than being on your own."

Ben doesn't know how to feel as he's confronted with the knowledge that he already knew. The Isle wasn't a safe place for kids. He needs to talk to his father.

"Listen, I'm gonna give you guys some space, yeah? You guys get to know each other and just, you know, come find me when you're done, okay?"

"Okay."

Cora just continues to rub her face on Dude's back saying, "Pup"

"I'll see you later."

Jay waves and looks back at the two sitting in front of him and smiles

__________________________________________

Jane lays on the bed adjacent to the one Mal is on. "Mom said, 'If a boy can't see the beauty within, then he's not worth it.' Can you believe it? What world does she live in?"

"Auradon."

Evie stands in front of the mirror posing in a new outfit she made out of the old gym clothes the twins and Jay grabbed for her. "Mal, do you like it?"

"Yeah. It's cute. It brings out your eyes."

"I know." Evie winks and blows a kiss at her girlfriend.

"I'll never get a boyfriend."

"Get a girlfriend instead. Boyfriends are overrated."

Jane sits up and stares at Mal, "Have you ever had one?"

Both Mal and Evie laugh, "On the Isle, yeah right. Boys are dangerous especially if they're a part of a rival gang."

"We're lucky our mothers are some of the more dangerous queens none of them could handle the repercussions of touching us."

"But not all girls are so lucky. Cora would have been torn apart back there if it weren't for joining my gang. Now she has Jay, and my reputation to protect her." Mal says so blatantly and Jane can only stare at the two in shock.

_______________________________________________

Hours pass and in different parts of the castle, Ben and Jane are each talking to their parents about how concerned they are about life on the Isle based on what they've heard from the VKs.

"We have to do something!"