Chapter 7

Enjoy reading... :)

Chapter 7

SAM’S POV

Summer was almost over. There's only two weeks left before my DA life starts. Macy and I will be leaving separately next week for New York City and I'm not yet done packing. Since I'll be settling in there for the rest of the semester, I have to bring enough clothes to wear and many other personal necessities.

As time and days passes so quickly, I was beginning to feel butterflies in my stomach which making me feel like throwing up out of nervousness instead of excitement. I was getting worried a lot because I'm still not quite sure if I'll be really making my sister's dream come true. I'm having negative thinkings like 'what if I screw up?', 'what if the people there don't like me?', 'what if I'll don't make any friends?', 'what if my teachers don't like me', 'what if I'll disappoint my mom and my sister?'....'what if..?' 'What if?'.. And a lot more of 'what ifs'.... hayyyy..... I guess everything's not that easy huh.

It's 7am in the morning and my mother and I were already set to go. My mom will personally drive us off to NYC. Since it's going to be a 1 hour and 47 minutes drive (not yet included the traffic), I wanted to just relax at least at this moment.

During the travel, Mom kept on giving me a lot of 'things to remember' talk but I wasn’t really listening to her. I’m sorry mom but at that time, my mind was really into something else. I kept on worrying too much; my curiosity was giving me a headache! I just can’t calm myself. It was even worse when we’re only half closed to our destination.

 “Sam, we’re almost there,” said my mom excitingly.

I just gave her a little smile and looked back again at the road. I was leaning at the window of our car enjoying the scenery hoping that it will help me calm down. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath saying to myself that everything will be alright.

After that long tensing drive, we finally arrived at DA. My mom just dropped me off and left. I was alone holding my big suitcase with my right hand, a small backpack and my favorite pillow at my left hand. I was wandering around the campus looking for my dorm. But I was beginning to notice that everyone was looking at me weirdly, others we’re laughing and pointing at me while some were whispering something horrible to each other about me. I got curious and surprised by their reactions that made looked down and started running almost wanted to cry. It was a long run because there were a lot them, almost the entire school! It was so unexpected!

I gave up looking for my dorm and found a place where I could hide myself from them. I was breathing heavily and then tears just went out. I sat on the ground with my hands crossed on my knees. My first day here in DA was just scary. I couldn’t understand why they were acting like that to me. I thought that they were so mean and disrespectful. Is that how DA people treat others? Or just to me? But why? Why me of all the people? I wanted an answer.

My condition was getting worse after thirty minutes because it started to rain so hard that made me and my things so wet. I stood up immediately, grabbed my things and went to look for a shelter that will protect me from rain. But unfortunately, I can’t find one except the main building of the school. I decided to go there since there will be no people around because school didn’t start yet. Rain was getting heavier and I was already soaked so I hurriedly opened the door and went inside. As I turned around, I froze. I froze to death. I can’t believe that every one of them was looking at me laughing so hard that made some of them lying on the ground. I didn’t know what to do at that situation so I just covered my ears with hands not able to endure it. I cried again and made my way out. I just wanted to go home and never ever come back here again.