The Original Origin Of The Originals

'A breed of werewolves that have existed for a thousand years. Unlike their cursed counterparts, they held control in their hands. The power to resist the full moon, to transform into the fearsome creatures of the night that so many had feared. But where did they come from? Some say one of the old gods cursed them, and the druids taught them control. But in reality the truth of how they came to be is the same as the story of the Original vampires.'

1001 AD

Finn, Elijah, Niklaus, Kol, Lycan, Rebekah, and Henrik. The children of Mikael and Esther. Each one was unique in their own ways.

Finn, as the eldest did his best to take care of his siblings, he stood up for the innocent but could never stand against his parents.

Elijah was noble, always helping his family whenever needed. No matter how old he grew he would always play with his younger siblings, while also training to become a warrior like his Father.

Niklaus perhaps was the most special of them, he loved to paint with whatever he got his hands on. Whether it was a dry rock with mud, or a tree with crushed berries and plants. But with that joy he was seen as weak in his father's eyes, and for that he was punished.

Kol, the wild one, always getting into trouble. His powers as a witch helped him with his mischief.

Rebekah sought for more than what fate had set for her. She wanted a passionate love and a family of her own but she didn't want to be a simple wife like her Mother was.

Henrik, the youngest, loved his family. Though shy and quiet, he showed his love for them by helping them in their chores, comforting them when sad.

Then there was Lycan, a perfect mixture of all his siblings. He took care of his family like Finn. Noble like Elijah. Cherished not just glory in battle but also nature like Niklaus did. A bit of mischief always gleaming in his eye like Kol. Wanted a family like Rebekah. And always knew what to do when someone he cared about was in pain.

But there was one significant difference between them and him. He valued each innocent life, ever since he reached his twelfth year he had started apprenticing under the town healer not that it might be needed because of what the people were as well as his mother's gifts in magic.

Lycan grimaced at the sight of a large gash on someone's leg, but he still cleaned it, dousing it with water before wrapping it.

"I still don't understand why you want to be a healer if you still hate the sight of blood so much," Tatia commented, coming into the hut.

Lycan ignored her, tightening the bandage in place, earning a grunt from his patient.

"Should be good as new in a couple hours, sir," Lycan told him, his accent quick and eloquent,"What, with your healing and all."

Most of his patients didn't need anything other than a bandage, thanks to their heritage as werewolves.

"Thank you, Lycan," He said, standing up, his limp already disappearing.

"Need another stomach settler?" Lycan guessed, standing up and going to a table where there were several herbs scattered around.

"Yes, I'm afraid my son still isn't feeling well," She said as Lycan ground a few dry leaves and roots into a powder and swept it into a small leather pouch.

"Put it in his broth tonight," Lycan told her, handing it off to her,"Now, are you going to keep torturing my brothers or are you going to choose finally?"

Tatia shrugged,"Can't I love both?"

"Just last week they were arguing about you. Finn and I had to split them up before it came to physical blows," Lycan replied,"But personally I am rather fond of ignoring the problem until it goes away."