Une

July 2018
Eloisa Leclerc

Today I received an email enquiring about me moving to work in Switzerland which was a job I had always wanted to do so I accepted it.

Later in that day I told my family and Pierre about my decision to which they were sad to see me go buy happy for me getting a job.

5 days later I left for Switzerland which at the time I was sort of doubting if it was a good idea since I had been throwing up nonstop the days previously, but luckily I survived.

☆ ☆ ☆

I arrived at the building I would be working in and went into the lobby.

"Hi, I'm Eloisa Leclerc I'm starting a new job today?" I greet the lady at the front desk.

"Oh yes, hi Eloisa, the boss will be with you soon, your office is on the 2nd floor, 7th door on the left" she tells me.

"Okay, thank you" with that I go towards the elevator and press the button for the 2nd floor.

I walk in through the 7th door and notice there's already someone in there, I guess we have to share the office.

"Hi, you must be Eloisa, I'm Charlotte you'll be sharing this office with me" she greets me.

"Yes, nice to meet you. Actually you seem familiar" I respond.

"You seem sort of familiar too but I don't know where from or how" She says.

Suddenly I start to feel like I'm about to puke and she notices it so she rushes me towards the bathroom.

"Are you ok?" Charlotte asked me worryingly.

"Ya, I've been throwing up a lot recently but it's nothing" I respond once I stop puking.

"Not to be rude but when was the last time you had your period?" That question really made me think.

"It was like Apr- oh shit" I sigh and my brain is going haywire because of all the thoughts in it at once.

"And When's the last time you, well you know what" she questions again.

"It was on the Thursday before the race in Monaco because I didn't go to the first 2 practices since I couldn't walk" I respond bur my mind still can't think straight.

"Ok, now I have 2 things to say; one, we can go down to the shop at lunchtime to get a test. And two, I know you because your brother is a formula one driver" Charlotte says calmly.

"Ok, but I've never been exposed to the public eye with my family so I don't know how you know me from that" I had been slightly worried anticipating her response.

"Oh, no, sorry, my boyfriend, which no-one knows that from the public either, is in formula 3 at the moment" she says to which my heartbeat calms down slightly.

"Alright, what's his name?" I wonder.

"Mick Schumacher" she responds and my jaw drops.

"Anything to Michael?" To which she nods.

"Son" after hearing her say that I'm now even more shocked.

"And not to assume or anything but you're having a child with him?" I ask.

"Ya, it should be born in December or so" she says in response.

"Oh wow, congratulations" I exclaim.

"Thanks, but don't be saying much about that because we don't want it to be too exposed to the public or that we're together, considering the fact that I was all the go after the World Cup" she says to which I nod, remembering the fact she was so good in the women's World Cup.

"That's perfectly fine, like this child is Pierre's, I don't know what he'll think of it" I more of whisper the last part because I'm scared he won't want the child so I don't know what to do.

"Oh. I think the child will be beautiful. But we better actually get started at work, well I should because the boss will be in for you soon" she says while looking back at her computer screen again.

"Oh ya, definetly" my response is quick before the boss walks in and I have to leave.

☆ ☆ ☆

Skip to lunch/break

"Should we go to the shop now or?" Charlotte asks me.

"Ok I guess so" I reply quietly.

"If it is positive you'll be ok, I will be here for you" I found comfort in these words, we're going to be great friends.

Back at the office after the shop

"I guess I'll go take it now" I say, slightly nervous for the outcome.

"You'll be fine, don't worry" Charlotte comforts me.

"Ok" I take a deep breath.

After taking the test I walk back into the office, and we wait for the results.

"What are we going to do, like will I look first and then you or do you want to look at the same time?" She asks me.

"You can look first, I don't want to" I reply.

"Times up" I breathe out.

Charlotte just gasps which I think gives me my answer, she then shows it to me.

"Oh god, I'm going to be a mother" I start crying (happy tears dw).

"Oh, our break finished like 30 minutes ago. But please get a doctor appointment and tell your family soon" Charlotte tells me.

"I will, but I don't know about Pierre should i tell him or not because I feel he wouldn't want a child" I start rambling.

"You don't have to tell him immediately but he will have to know eventually" Charlotte tells me.

"Yeah, I know. Anyways back to work" I mumble.