⌠Chapter 9⌡─ The journey.

An hour had passed and the group of Na'vi's still hadn't arrived at the cove of the ancestors. On that time, Tsireya told her friend that she didn't get to bring the Sullys the other time because it got too late and she didn't want to get them in danger, something that Tsu'kida understood since the outskirts of the clan were really dangerous at night.

They were riding in a kind of formation. Aonung and Rotxo on the lead, playing around between them. Behind them, Tsireya and Lo'ak rode next to each other, talking about anything, pushing the other's Ilu and laughing. And then Neteyam, Tsu'kida and Kiri, the last one sharing the Ilu with Tuk because she was already tired.

The Ilu Neteyam was riding kept teasing Tsu'kida's Ilu, pushing it softly and getting on its way. The two Na'vi's found that really cute, not knowing the Ilu's were actually portraying their feelings through the connection they had.

Hey, look at their Ilus, aren't they cute? ─ Lo'ak whispered, grabbing Tsireya's attention and making her look back at the two Na'vis.

You know, the Ilus have this really special way of working when you make a bond with them, they express the rider's feelings through them... That's what's actually happening back there now. ─ she whispered back with a small laugh looking back at the Na'vi riding next to her.

Lo'ak then looked at their Ilus, noticing they had been doing the same actions the whole time. He then looked at the water with his ears down, trying to hide the nervousness that just got into him.

Lo'ak is so embarrased right now, I had never seen him like that until we arrived here. ─ Neteyam said with a smile on his lips.

Well you gotta admit you've also been acting like that. ─ Kiri said teasing her brother, seeing him roll his eyes as a response and throw water at her, starting a small war between him, Kiri and Tuk.

Tsu'kida stared at them with a warm look in her eyes. She found the relationship between them really cute. They all seemed to care a lot for each other and that made Tsu'kida's heart melt.

The Metkayina's mind suddenly showed her the image of her parents, making her wonder how would things be if they never left. Maybe she would have been able to help the clan even more, she wouldn't have had to leave to the outskirts and she could have kept in touch with her spiritual sister. Tsu'kida's gaze went down to the water, seeing the sad look that was starting to appear on her face reflected on it.

Are you okay? ─ Neteyam spoke softly, his Ilu getting next to hers again.

Yeah, I'm okay. ─ she said looking up at him with a small smile, trying to hide the look she had earlier. ─ Something got in my mind...

Can I know what was it?... Was it the same thing that got you down yesterday? ─ he said with worry in his tone.

Yeah, you can say it's the same thing... ─ Tsu'kida's eyes went back down. ─ I was just thinking how things would have been if my parents never left...

Oh, I'm sorry about that... ─ he said with sadness filling his gaze.

Don't worry, I can't remember much about them, just the last day I saw them and then they were gone. I was around 7 so it's not that big of a deal. ─ the Metkayina answered looking back up at Neteyam and giving him a smile.

It still must have been complicated if you were 7 when they left, right? ─ Kiri intervened, slowing down om the other side of the Metkayina.

Well... I didn't know until I was 9, Tonowari took care of me and always told me they would come back, ─ she said looking now at Kiri, who had Tuk wrapped around her arms. ─ but they never did... Some Na'vi's from the clan said they found my parents in another clan and they had a baby. I'm happy that they could start again with their lifes at least...

Tsu'kida's eyes started to become glossy and finally some tears rolled down her cheeks. She still had a smile on her face but she looked down, noticing the tears falling directly into the water.

She rubbed her eyes to stop the tears and then felt a hand on her shoulder, moving its thumb trying to comfort her. The tears kept coming down and she turned to Neteyam, who got her into a hugh letting her get everything out. Tsu'kida wrapped her arms around the Omaticaya's waist and buried her face on his chest.

Kiri and Tuk stared at them with sad looks in their eyes. They knew they had gotten closer, but it wasn't the moment for them to think about how those two felt. Tuk jumped on Tsu'kida's Ilu and started brushing the Metkayina's hair softly as a comfort too.

Tsu'kida slowly pulled away from the hug, rubbing her eyes again. She turned to the front meeting with Tuk's eyes and gave her a warm smile. The Metkayina got her hands into the water and cleaned her face with it, leaving just her eyes to prove she had cried since they were red now.

Thank you, I really needed it. ─ she said turning to face Neteyam, who still looked at her worried.

No problem. ─ he said nodding as a response, giving her a warm smile too.

Can I stay on your Ilu? ─ Tuk said softly.

Of course, just sit here. ─ the Metkayina answered, patting softly in front of her.

Tuk sat down with excitement on her face. Tsu'kida grabbed her hand just in case she lost balance and then started playing with her braids. Tuk had small accesories around her hair, most of them of different colors.

Did you change the accesories you had in your braids? It looks really cute! ─ Tsu'kida said while leaning a bit to the front, looking at Tuk from over her shoulder.

Yeah! Neteyam helped me yesterday! ─ the youngest said, making a smile appear on the Metkayina's lips and turn to the boy next to her, who was smiling too.

⌠────────❀────────⌡

After a long time riding on their Ilus, the group of Na'vis arrived at the cove of the ancestors, seeing how colorful and bright it was at night.

It's as beautiful as I remembered it to be... ─ Tsu'kida said softly, looking everywhere with a wide smile forming on her lips.

It really is beautiful! I love it! ─ Tuk said, now standing on the Ilu she was riding with Tsu'kida.

Tuk jumped from the Ilu and got on the one Kiri was riding, both of them appreciating the view they had.

Tsu'kida then looked at Neteyam, who was looking everywhere with his eyes wide open and his pupils dilated. She stared at him hypnotized, since his smile under the lights of the area made him look even prettier than he already looked.

He suddenly looked at the Metkayina next to him, meeting with her eyes and making her smile awkwardly getting her ears down, to which he responded with a wide beautiful smile.

We are going down now, don't stay behind you two! ─ Tsireya spoke breaking the silence, making Neteyam and Tsu'kida notice they were away from where the others were, already getting down from their Ilus and starting to swim towards the tree of souls.