⌠Chapter 16⌡─ Eyes don't lie.

The sun rose again as bright always, creeping through the marui's entrance and reaching the Metkayina's body quickly, eventually making her open her eyes due to the brightness. She sat up on her hammock and stretched her arms, her ears twitching as they slowly got used to the sound from outside.

She then heard voices in the distance. More specifically two Na'vis talking and laughing, but then one of them got closer and closer. Tuk  suddenly ran into the marui with a bright smile on her lips, running straight to where Tsu'kida was still seating and reaching up to give the Metkayina a hug.

─ Why are you here so soon, Tuk? ─ Tsu'kida said softly as she got up, looking down at the girl that was now in front of her.

─ We wanted to watch! ─ Tuk said in an excited tone, starting to get outside making small jumps.

─ Watch? What do you mean Tuk? ─ the Metkayina said as she walked behind the girl, seeing the youngest start to run away now. ─ Tuk!!

Tuk stopped on place and waited for Tsu'kida to get next to her. The Metkayina was about to speak again but the Omatikaya took her hand and started to run again, guiding the girl through the beach and telling her to go faster.

When Tuk started to slow down Tsu'kida finally looked up, seeing another Sully sitting on a rock. She kept walking along the smaller Na'vi towards Kiri, who was now laughing at the sight of Kida being out of air from running.

─ Didn't think Tuk would make you loose your breath! ─ Kiri said with a chuckle as soon as Tsu'kida stood in front of her.

─ Well I'm not used to running like this! ─ she answered, now being finally able to breathe properly.

Tsu'kida reached for Tuk and messed with her braided hair, having some complaints from the girl as a response.

She then heard his laugh and an Ilu making 'happy' noises. Tsu'kida turned and saw Neteyam laughing at them as he reached the seashore, to then get down from the Ilu and pet it. He started walking towards their direction and Tsu'kida, unconsciously, started walking to him.

Both of them stopped in the middle, knowing the two girls were still watching them. They both smiled at eachother, their eyes partially closed and their ears moving back.

─ Hey. ─ he finally said in a soft voice as he reached up to caress Tsu'kida's cheek.

─ Hi. ─ she answered.

He then pulled slightly on her face, making their foreheads connect in a sweet way as their eyes closed and smiles formed on their lips.

Neteyam then pulled away and Tsu'kida finally noticed he was holding something in his other hand. He saw the confused look on her face and remembered about the gift, getting his hand up to then open it, showing it completely.

It was a beautiful Ionar : an accesory used to protect their eyes while they ride their banshees. It was filled with beads made of different kinds of woods and materials, some seashells that hung from it and the actual glass that was made of some creature's wings.

Tsu'kida tilted her head to the side, not understanding the use she could give it, but she still took it, admiring the work that was put into it and how well the pieces were attached. She finally looked up at Neteyam with a smile, who smiled back and then took her hand without saying a word.

The Metkayina allowed the boy to guide her, walking now straight into the forest that was near that beach. She quickly placed the Ionar in her small satchell, not wanting it to get lost. They kept walking as Neteyam moved some branches away and kept them to a side for her to walk and not get hit by them, grabbing her hand again as soon as he let go of them. He then started going up a small hill, helping the Metkayina get up some rocks and branches that were around and guiding her towards a really big tree that was almost at the top of the hill.