The Aftermath

The next morning, most of the Gryffindor table was a bit sluggish at breakfast. Daisy glanced up, noticing her brothers shuffling in, obviously in the throes of a hangover. Or perhaps guilt. She wasn't sure which. She was already sitting at the table with a book when they walked by, heads hanging, Chris and Godrick following them.

"Ehm, look, Pixie," Jamie said as he dropped onto the bench across from her.

She took a bite of eggs, not taking her eyes off her book or even acknowledging his presence.

"Can we just talk?" he asked. Daisy only sniffed.

"Morning Godrick, Chris," she said, her eyes flicking up to the tall blonde and then back to her book.

"Morning," they both said.

Thank God, Jamie was too focused on her right now that he completely missed the slight flush that came over Chris' cheeks as he continued walking with Godrick and the rest of her brothers to a spot further down the table.

She only hoped he had learned a thing or two about Occlumency after living with her brother so long, lest he give away their secret.

"You can't ignore us forever," Jamie said.

Daisy said nothing, just turned the page of her book.

Without another word, Jamie stood and trudged further down to sit with the rest of his roommates. Daisy breathed a sigh of relief as Lucy and Toby walked in and sat next to her.

"Where's Sarah, Eliza, and Lisette," Daisy asked, finally putting her book down.

"Still sleeping," Lucy said. "Where'd you go so late?"

"Common room," Daisy said. "Found a quiet corner."

"You didn't stay up too late, did you? You were still there when I went up around 1 a.m.," Toby said as he began to fill his plate. Daisy shrugged.

"It was around 2 a.m., I think," she said. Lucy gawked at her.

"And you were up before any of us," she murmured. "How do you do it?"

"Told you, I can't sleep in," Daisy replied.

"You didn't stay up that whole time drinking alone, did you?" Toby asked.

Daisy glanced down the table at Chris, who smiled discreetly before turning back to the triplets.

"I had some company," she said, turning back to her food.

Toby and Lucy shared a look then glanced down where Chris was attempting to console Remus, Alan, and Jamie about something. No doubt the current silent treatment Daisy was giving them. They then stared at Daisy.

"What?" she asked casually, trying to fight off the smile that threatened to spread across her lips.

"Did this someone happen to be a certain blonde chaser?" Lucy asked, barely holding back her grin. Daisy shrugged.

"Maybe," she replied.

Lucy squealed and started clapping her hands while Toby looked at her oddly. Daisy quickly tried to quiet her cousin, her cheeks turning pink as she glanced nervously at her brothers.

"Hush! You're going to get everyone's attention!" she whispered viciously.

"So did it happen?" Lucy asked quietly, finally regaining a sense of discretion.

Daisy rolled her eyes and turned back to her food. But her hair started turning purple. Lucy's eyes widened as she grinned.

"It did!"