Chapter 1- Fall

When I first heard the music, I didn't react. My book was really good and I was enjoying the sunny weather in my backyard. The melody continued playing. It was getting louder and louder, so loud I couldn't even continue to read. I closed my book, got up, and was going to start screaming at my neighbor to turn the volume down, when I realized it wasn't his style at all. The music was coming from the center of my garden, behind some of my apple trees.

I started walking to the source of the music, while listening to it. It was a soft, happy melody, the kind you play at an amusement park. "Maybe it's coming from a music box," I thought. I suddenly stopped walking. In front of me was a gigantic hole of two meters of diameter. It seemed bottomless. Since when did we have a hole in our garden? Maybe we never saw it because it was hidden behind the trees. No, my brothers would probably have fallen in it long ago.

I frowned. This was definitely weird. Then I noticed something much crazier: the music was coming from the hole. I walked close to the hole and peeked in. Nothing. Only darkness. I took a step back and almost screamed of surprise. I had bumped into something, something that wasn't there a second ago. I turned rapidly to see what had teleported behind my back.

I couldn't hide my surprise. A tall black haired guy was standing in front of me. He grinned when he saw my face in shock and said: "Hi."

Before I could respond, he came closer and pushed me. I lost balance immediately and fell back, screaming, in the dark hole.

I think I hate falling more than anything else. Especially when I fall in a bottomless, dark, pit with a mysterious random guy.

After he pushed me, the man jumped voluntary in the hole with me. For what I could see, he was having a great time. He wouldn't stop smiling and laughing, as if it was fun. Me, I was screaming and trying to grab one of the sides of the pit without success. I kinda calmed down when I realized I was going to die whatever I did. I was getting super mad at the guy, who was still laughing.

"Why ON EARTH are you laughing?" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "We are going to DIE!"

"Outsiders are just really funny," He replied with a big smile.

I was going to hit him just to destroy his annoying smile when I heard the music form before. It was still playing! It was getting louder and clearer, as if we were going closer to its source. I also noticed something stranger: some kind of light was appearing at the bottom of the hole. It became bigger and bigger as we fell closer to it, until we finally reached it. Then I blacked out.