Projectiles

It was a bloodbath. The names of dead teens popping up around every corner.
What was most suspicious was the fact that all of these deaths happened to be in the same classroom.

Crowds of people stood in front of Yurihonjo Middle School, whispering among their friends. Everyone seemed to have a different theory on what had happened, the most popular being that the educational system was just 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 fucked up.

Personally, I don't think it was an accident. How 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 it be when it only happened at 𝘰𝘶𝘳 school?

Police stopped anyone from entering school grounds. Eventually, the crowd dispersed, leaving the authorities to investigate the scene of the crime.

I didn't want to leave. My friend had been one of the victims, and it was my fault. I was selfish and lazy, and in return, my friend was gone.

I had to get to this bottom of this.

Waiting for the police to leave was easy, preparing myself for what I was about to see was not. Mustering my courage, I ducked under the bright yellow tape and stepped towards the school doors.

The lights were on inside the building. Strange, I swore I saw them being turned off as the detectives left.

Turning my attention back to the mission at hand, I headed over to the stairs. They spiraled upwards, making me dizzy when I first saw them, but I had grown used to this over the years.
𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰 𝘐 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘬?

After what felt like years, I had arrived in front of the door to physics class. The last place I wanted to be.

𝘋𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘴... 𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘮 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘢
I pushed the door open to reveal a gruesome sight. 4 bodies sprawled across the floor, blood bubbling from giant dents in their heads.

The horrifying realization hit me like a pile of bricks. I knew all of these people.

3 boys, 1 girl.

Deep, brown eyes.
𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘶𝘮𝘪, 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴

Bowl cut.
𝘐𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘶, 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺

Short, black hair.
𝘈𝘺𝘢𝘮𝘦, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦

And the last, was 𝘒𝘦𝘪.
My best friend who stuck by my side through anything and everything. My best friend who I had held so close to my heart. Dead. Gone. Erased.

𝘕𝘰 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴, 𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘢. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦
Right, I had to find out who had done this. For Kei.

Scanning the room for the weapon, I almost tripped over a big rock. Wait, a rock? That shouldn't be there... I picked it up and examined it. Blood soaked my sleeve when I turned it over. 𝘉𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘰.

Now, who could have done this? I looked up from the blood-stained stone and the wind was immediately knocked out of my lungs. I was kicked across the room before I even knew what had happened. Towering above me, now aiming the rock at my face, was a blurry figure. 𝘚𝘩𝘪𝘵.

-------------
Author's note:
If you can't tell from the amateur writing, this mini story was written by me. In like, an hour and a half. With no proof reading 💀💀. 

Thanks for bearing through this <3