First Impact

A snow ridden tundra is also considered a desert. Much like it's heated counterpart, there is no food here, no water, just the constant torture from the environment. A boy walked this tundra. All alone. Under the night sky filled with sparkling stars and gentle blue hues, his boots crunched into the snow below. His weight would sink further and further into the white ice below. Though it was not actively snowing right now, the wind slowed down his movements to one stomp at a time. Each step was a fight for his life. His gentle yet fragile voice whimpered and cracked as he held his arms tightly to his body. His layers and layers of thick black clothing, scarves, jackets, hats, masks, nothing seemed to keep the cold at bay.
  He felt his heart begin to struggle. He could not move his fingers at all. Snow and crystals built up on his eye lids making it hurt to blink yet he blinked anyway. Eventually, his heart stopped. The boy could feel a tight sensation in his chest. His eyes closed and didn't open. Eventually, his still body slammed into the snow before him, erupting the snow and causing a reaction. Under the snow was a hole, the snow gave in under his weight. This great disturbance causes him to plummet among the ice clouds around him, feeling nothing as he tumbled and rolled through caves and hidden pits.

Meanwhile, we focus our sights deep underground. So deep that no other civilization  has been able to find this one. So hidden that they've been there long enough to build their own history. We look upon their fighters in training. The ceiling of this cave is up miles and miles, lined with endless orange lanterns to brighten their fake sky. The walls are straight and not jagged, chiseled perfectly and smooth. Here, in this colossal cave, ten humans were training. They had no shorts, just black pants and their metal boots. They twirled their spears to strike test dummies perfectly, cutting into the fabric and knocking their opponents down. Every strike and movement had such purpose, such intention. It was like they knew exactly what to do and exactly how to make their body do what they needed without even thinking.
  "STOP HOLDING BACK." Said a very sharp and angry female voice. A woman walks into view. She is tall, taller than most of the humans there, at least seven feet tall. She looks down upon them while wearing all black herself and the same pants they have. She shakes her gloved hand at them.
  "You don't want those surface dwellers to take our lives. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU LOVE! PUT YOUR ANGER INTO IT!"
  The men began yelling with every strike. Their force was immaculate, stressing every muscle in their body to push their weight into one blow at a time. They were sweating from head to toe. Suddenly, POOF, a ball of snow fell onto one of the male's head. It was the one in the middle. Everybody stopped and looked at him. His entire head was in snow but he quickly brushed it off and looked up. Everybody then followed his vision upwards. They saw a hole miles and mile up there, leaking snow from the ceiling. The men then gasped as they saw what looked like a small boy falling from the hole. He was descending fast.
  "It's a surface dweller!" One of the men said.
  "Let him die, that's one less enemy to deal with" Another man said.
  "We should've fixed that hole instead of training.." yet another male said.
  "WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING?!" Yelled a younger more frantic female tone. The group watched as another girl who was normal height, ran past them all and put her boot against the wall. Suddenly, she was running up the wall defying all laws of gravity. She stomped through the snow falling into her while keeping an eye on the boy. Her eyes were slightly bigger than normal, everyone's were, but her pupils were silver. The boy's head pointed towards the ground, he was going to fall head first. The girl released a panic yell before leaping off the wall. A trail of dust followed her as she tightly wrapped her arms around the boy then looked at the ground. Already she was at least a mile off the ground. She closed her eyes and turned herself in the air so that she would be the first to hit the ground.
  BOOM!!! The cave shook as the girl hit the ground. The woman who was yelling at the men, their trainer, put her arms behind her own back and looked towards the large cloud of dust this girl just made. Standing in the small crater, the girl's skin appeared to be hardened rock, rough and tough line the cave walls. She took a deep breath as the smoke cleared then her skin slowly turned back to normal, soft and pale.
  "I'm bringing this boy to the medical rooms. Might wanna fix that hole unless you want to watch more innocent boys fall to their fucking death."
  The girl stormed out of the room, exiting through a tunnel ahead of her. The trainer turned back to the men and whispered.
  "You'll have to excuse my daughter. All of you take a break, I'll fix the hole in the meantime. Make sure your spears are not breaking."